Veteran Dieter Seeking Help!!!!!

Sweet

Hey everyone,
I'm pretty new to Minimins and am hoping this will be the place that gives me the inner strength and resolve to change my ways!
I've been off and on diets for as long as I can remember! I'm 37, nearly 38 now and I'm almost at my heaviest and just don't seem to be able to get out of the funk that I'm in!
My problems really began after I had my first baby - nearly 4.5 years ago. I didn't pay too much attention to what I ate and maternity wear was pretty forgiving. A short time after I had my gorgeous son I discovered I was the heaviest I'd ever been - 16.5 stone! I'd somehow gained about 1.5/2 stone during pregnany, no mean feat. I did Slim Fast for a bit (like a week) and Slimmin World for a short time (maybe a couple of weeks) and what with one thing and another I managed to lose about a stone (yay!) I probably managed to lose anothe half stone over time with a spot of Weight Watchers, then in no time at all (about 18 months after the birth of my first child) I was pregnant again. This time I thought I really must pay more attention to what I eat and I don't think I put as much weight on, but I did still gain weight. I had my beautiful daughter and in time I lost some weight again - bit of Weight Watchers, bit of Slimming World all the time yo-yoing up and down. Eventually I did the Dukan diet for about 10 days or so and manged to lose about a stone, then through a bit of calorie counting/ bit of weight watchers I managed to get down to just above 14 stone. On balance - good times! This was about a year ago. A truly awful job, Christmas and eventual unemployment led to a few pounds being gained - about 0.5 - 1 stone. I then found a great job, which I really enjoy, for a really flexible and understanding company (understanding in terms of lastminute childcare emergencies, appointments etc). I've been there since March this year and in that time I've managed to pile on a good stone! I now hover just over the 16 stone mark - so close to my post pregnancy heaviest. To make matter worse (depending on your point of view) the comapany I work for is a commercial bakers... sweet bakery - cookies, muffins, buns, cupcakes etc. and my job requires me on occasion to sample these fine wares, plus there are often freebies floating around for personal consumption (this could explain the weight gain!)
Anyway, I need help! I'm so busy and just don't have time to stop and think, but I really, really want to lose weight. I dom;n't know how much of it is me making excuses and how much is genuine hurdles! I feel like I've "been there and done that" with all diets and I want to find a way of eating that fits in with my life and is 'natural' but I just can't seem to get my butt in gear to actually embark on anything. I spend a whole lot of my time, and I mean A LOT, thinking about what would be best for me or what I could do to give me a good boost start, but I never do anything or I just get hungry or have to eat a cake!
I don't know if I can do it on my own anymore. I need someone to come into my life and almost wave a magic wand or something to get everything in order or just someone to share the pain, the highs and lows of trying to change your lifestyle. So here I am, seeking help and advice. Someone to comeup with a bright idea, a simple idea of how to get started again and forget everything I've ever learnt from any diet, and just go back to the beginning. Someone who can make it seem all so simple. Hope it's one of my fellow Minimins, and maybe someone that can be my "diet" buddy.
I look forward to hearing a friendly voice of reason. :eek:)
Sorry for the long story btw - I like to paint a picture and always feel a background story is beneficial to understanding the current state of affairs.
Thanks everyone :)

Back