Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

victoria spnge

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Trash, 15 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Trash

Trash Still fighting

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Anyone know the syn value of small slice of home-made victoria sponge with butter cream and jam filling!?

Rough guess would be ok

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    morrisons victoria sponge with jam and buttercream is 5 syns for 28g. Hope that helps a bit. x

4. Trash

Trash Still fighting

Start Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Hi, when I bake, i try to work out exactly how much the whole thing is and then I know the syns of each slice. It can be a shock.... a little fairy cake works out at about 9 syns each....
    Flour and sugar are 5.5 syns per 28g, butter is 10.5 per 28g.... an average cake would be 86 syns (assuming 4oz,4oz,4oz and 2 eggs), then add the butter in the butter cream filling and the jam....
    I would say if you cut that cake into 8, it would be at least 10 syns for the cake alone, add a couple for the cream and jam (at least) and I would be counting 12 syns at least!

Worth it though.... I love cake!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.