Vikki's Lipsy Dress Journey

vixmania41999

Silver Member
Hi Everyone :wave_cry:

:sign0144: and quite new to SW but not new to losing weight.

I'm 27, I got married last year :love047: and we have a 12 month old daughter called Skye. I'm currently a stay at home mum, which I find can hinder my weight loss sometimes as I'm too close to the fridge lol :D. My husband is as skinny as a rake and that makes things hard as he doesn't watch what he eats and never gains a lb :cry: (so not fair) and he doesn't understand how hard it is to lose weight, but he is supportive most of the time. I hope our daughter has his skinny genes. ;)

About my journey so far.......I've always had problems with my weight :sigh: and been bigger than most of my friends. From the age of 20 i've been in and out of weight watchers groups, sometimes doing well and losing around 3 stone and other times falling at the first hurdle and only losing a few pounds and giving up then of course putting on more weight than I lose etc etc

I gained 11lbs during my pregnancy and then when my daughter was 4 days old she needed her 1st operation and between October 09 and March 2010 I gained a further 1st through stress and living on hospital food and takeaways. In April 09, after my daughters 4th operation (and hopefully final operation) I was ready to sort myself out. I re-joined WW and started off well. I lost 16lbs in 7 weeks, however I just didn't have anything in common with any of the members in my group and stopped staying at the meetings then stopped going completely. :booboo:

12 weeks later I joined SW for the first time just before my 27th birthday in July :D :D :D (I only gained 3lbs in the 12 weeks so I was quited chuffed with myself lol). So far I've only lost 1st 1.5lbs with SW but I've had 2 holidays and my birthday in this time so I don't think its too bad.

I've called this my lipsy dress journey as I have bought 2 lovely lipsy dresses as my motivation and I reeaallly want to get into them in the next 18 months. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress.....

Last night was my first weigh in after our family holiday in devon, i gained 0.5lbs, I'd been completely off plan all week so quite happy with that, we did do lots of walking though.

I don't want to bore you too much so I'll leave it there for now, thank you if you've made it this far, I know I'm not the most exciting of writers and I'm not good at the smileys thingys yet.

I'm just about to walk to tesco to get the new mag, I didn't have enough cash to get it in group last night and i need the motivation lol.

Byee for now

Last edited:
Just out of interest I want to add pics as I go along, I've got a photobucket account, can I use my pics from here??

Pics added

Ok here goes, here are a few of my pics. If I've done this wrong please let me know.

These 1st 2 pics are my new lipsy dresses I'm aiming to get into hopefully within the next 18 months. Hense the name of this diary......

27092010277.jpg

27092010278.jpg

They're not my favourite lipsy dresses but I got them for £5 each, beggers can't be choosers hey.

This next pic is the front of my fridge at the moment, filled with motivation to try and keep me out at times of boredom lol.

29092010282.jpg

Finally this is me almost at my heaviest in December 2009 (haven't got any more recent as too ashamed). The little boy is my friends son and the skinny bloke next to me is my hubby.

bigfatme.jpg

I'll try and get the hubby to take a recent one then post progress ones maybe once a month. I'm sure you'll be sick of seeing my ugly mug by the end lol.

AF decided to pay a visit last night (sorry if TMI) so I'm struggling today all I want to do is eat, and eat rubbish at that....... :feedtroll:
Still not been to get the mag, once Skye's finished her lunch I'm going I promise.

Rubbish!! I've been doing so well all day, only had about 4 syns then wham just demolished TWO curly wurlys. Why did I do that? I'm so cross with myself. GGRRRRR

Chin up luv...just cut down on syns for the rest of the week to make up for those sneaky curly wurlys and all will be fine :) I find hot choccies are good at the moment as its cold and i totally crave chocolate...and its only 2 syns :)

I too am aiming to get into lipsy dresses...i have a size 12 one just calling my name :) lol xxx

Oooohhh hot choccy I totally want one now lol I'll have to get some tomorrow, which one do you have? Great idea thanks hun. I'm only like this cos of you know what time. It has a lot to answer for!!! Yay I'm glad I've found another Lipsy lover. I've got one in a 14 and one in a 12 and I HAVE got to get into them. Once I can I'll have hundreds of them lol.

Hi hun! Omg I love those dresses! I havent bought a dress in around 3 years :( I just look hideous!

our bmi are similar so I can always give you some extra support if ya need it sweets!

I'm gonna be posting up some horrendous photos of me as i lose weight 1 stone per pic!

so you can have a look at mine and have a laugh at how horrendous i look!

I'm sure you don't look horrendous hun. I'll have a look later when my daughter is in bed. We can help each other hey, and your dad is supporting you which is great.

I'm feeling more possitive and in control today, one of my skinny minnie friends has been round this morning and inspired me. I'd love to be her size, yet she wants to be smaller. It goes to show that it doesn't matter what size you are your always wanting to look better.

I've also decided to try and get to my local gym again, I loved going a few months ago, I just need to find a part time job too so we can afford it. I guess I've just got used to being a sahm that the idea of going back to work scares me lol. Its all change here. I'm actually excited about it though.

The options hot chocolate are yummy :) And the options hot chocolate indulgence range are delish...i think they are about 3.5 syns. The chocolate brownie one is AMAZING!!! Im having one tonight :D

i know that time of the month is a nightmare, i had such a craving for sugar the last time! So i had a huge bowl of strawberries and raspberries sprinkled with sweetner :D xx

I think I'm going to have to walk round to the shop later and get one of the options for tonight, might help warm me up too, its soooo cold today!!! Thanks hun. I love strawberries with a tiny bit of sweetner on. They're quite expensive again now though :(, I think I might go to the market this weekend to get some more fruit, its so much cheaper than the supermarkets!

Well today has been a better day. I only had 1 curly wurly lol.
I did have a mug of options too. I've not bought any yet but i remembered we got a sachet each at a meeting a few weeks ago. It was a caramel one, and was a little bit too sickly sweet if thats possible. I'm going to see what tesco have tomorrow me thinks.

So pleased I've had a better day today, and thats much to do with everyone on here :D thanks all, this place it fab for support and motivation, I think I'm becomming addicted already hehe.

See you tomorrow xxx

Ok, so bit nervous today. I've got a hospital pre op appointment today for a minor surgery next week. I'm dreading going under general anesthetic as when I was being induced last year the midwife pretty much said if I needed general for a c section then I'd more than likely die due to my weight, nice!!

Other than that today is going to be a good day, its my sisters birthday today so seeing her and her 2 kiddies later. Think I'll pick up some tesco sushi (2 syns) for us both for lunch as won't have time to put a jacket spud on. Chicken stuffed with quark and wrapped in bacon with steamed veg and pots for tea, yummy, and its hubbys fave.

Have a good day everyone xxx

yummy! that tea sounds great! I love sushi but tesco one doesnt agree with me! for some reason it gives me a migraine!

So yesterday was a bit rubbish really, hospital said my op might need to be an over night stay instead of day case as my BMI is 40 right on the cut off for day case. Typical.

I then had birthday cake for my sisters birthday, made the tea and had mash intead of steamed potatoes but it was too watery and horrible, I think I put too much milk in and so I spent the rest of the night feeling really sick.

Today I'm using flexible syns as I'm going out for my sisters birthday. I'm only having a couple of glasses of wine and I will be dancing lots to will hopefully burn off some of it.

No meals planned today, will probably have a jacket potato around 4pm ish and that will be it.

Have a great day everyone xxx

Not updated for a few days purely cos had nothing positive to write. The weekend has followed pretty much the same as last week, not really stuck to plan, not gone massively off track but not counted my syns so I'm a bit cross with myself but I know I've just got to draw a line under it and start again. I'm blaming AF for how i've felt this week, its been a nasty one.

Not looking forward to WI tonight, will update when I get home. :(

Weigh in was much better than I thought. Lost 2lbs. So pleased. I know I've got to work extra hard this week and I'm ready. Apart from the minor op I've got on thursday I'm pretty positive about the week ahead. I'm cooking a few meals tomorrow that I can freeze so we've got food we can just put in the microwave, hopefully that will help to keep me on track.

Need to get to bed now as LO is teething and kept me up last night.

Night all. xxx

Thanks ladies.

I'm feeling really podged tonight, Got my op tomorrow and I've had home made chicken fajitas, literally just within my syns but still feel like i've eaten too much :( I have had lots of water too so thats probably why. I'm nil by mouth now an don't know when my op is tomorrow so maybe its better i feel fuller tonight to last longer tomorrow. PMSL

I've not had time to make any pre made meals so I found some low syn good for you ready meals and stocked up on 4 to get me through the next few days as I imagine I won't feel up to cooking much. OH will have to live on freezer food for the next few days, poor thing, i'm such an awful wife.

G'night all xxx

I got back fron hospital about 3pm yesterday. I've had to get my sister round this morning to look after my daughter as i'm in agony and feel absolutely zonked. It was a bad day for syns but i was in no fit state to count it, the only thing i had that was bad was a sandwich mum picked up from tesco for me on way home from hospital but nevermind, i was far too hungry and feeling sorry for myself to care. Back on it today.

Back