Vikki's s&s diary

astraea

Hi everyone, I'm thinking that startin a diary will help me to see where I have been going wrong in the past and will help to keep me 100%!

I am 35 married with 4 beautiful daughters, I am a student social worker in my 3 rd year (about 7 weeks Togo!) I am currently on placement working full time in a child protection team so pretty busy lol

I currently weigh 16 stone, I have lost weight on various diets in the past, most was 3 stone on Atkins last year. But it always goes back on and I have never been down to goal weight.

I am now completely at the end of my tether! I gave up smoking 3 years ago by willpower alone and have never fallen off the wagon, so why is watching what I eat so moody difficult!!

When on SW I overrate on the free food constantly, on ww I was thinking about points and food 24/7. Atkins I did well, but then u went on holiday and came off plan and when I went back on it despite following 100% for a month I did not lose a single pound?

I have now decided that I need to take food out of the equation for a whole and try to work out why I over eat, and think I am missing out of I am not eating something unhealthy!

I started the plan this morning with a chocolate shake, I am nervous about the next few days as I know it will be really difficult! I AM going to stick to it though, I have to, for myself and for my family.

Any support anyone can throw me whilst in this journey will be a massive help.

Thank you for reading x

Hi Astraea good luck on your journey.

thanks TayvionSafinn, Well i have just had a spicy spaghetti for lunch, it was better than i imagined although at the same time i nearly cried at how little there was (got used to big portions of food lol), it was pretty tasty, i was pleasently surprised.

An hour later and i am Hungry!! aahh got to get through these next few days but how? how do i not tink about being hungry 24/7? any tips? i am drinking water like its going out of fashion, but i dont think there is anything else i can do is there? :(

Being hungry 24/7 won't last prob another 2-3 days and once in ketosis you shouldn't feel like that. I never feel hungry and the amount takes some getting used to but your body gets used to it. Just keep drinking.

Hello hun and welcome to s&s :)
After the first few days ketosis will kick in and u can start enjoying the diet! The packs are small but they will fill you up when ur in ketosis, drink plenty water and a coke zero/diet cream soda or dr pepper zero if your really feelin hungry to fill urself up :)
Your first week will be over before you know it and you will be so proud of yourself and super happy with ur loss!
Good luck and keep posting :) xx

Hi Astraea and good luck on sns. For the first few days i think its a good idea to keep yourself busy, have a bath, read a mag, have early nights and keep drinking lots of water. It does get easier and there is a lot of variety on sns so you are bound to find a few products you like to keep you going. If you are on 3 packs a day, you can have a small protein and veg meal too which helps break the diet up a bit. Coming on here is a great help and always full of support and motivation so if you are struggling, come on here and the time will fly. Your 1st weigh in will really motivate you if you can get through the first few days x

Thanks for your replies. I am stuck in the office most of this week so it will be difficult watching everyone else snacking on stuff, but i am soo determined to stick with it! I am just gonna try and get through one hour at a time today, it seams so silly to be this stressed about being hungry! I know that once i get into ketosis i will be better, i think itis just because on atkins i ate a lot more obviously so it is a lot harder this time.

It's hard going onto a vlcd especially the first few days, stick with it hun :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Right well day one done! I had a chicken breast and some broccoli for tea and the. I had a cottage pie later on, not sure about that one yet :/

DAY TWO!!!!!!!!

Well I have made it to day two, I think I am going to attempt to make an oat cookie for my breakfast and then I have brought a chilli pack and a small tub with lettuce cucumber and spring onion for lunch, I'm looking forward to trying that one. I hope today is not too torturous for feeling hungry! I will not give in though!

Well done on starting and masses of good luck. Seriously you will get used to the portions and find them filling very soon. Good luck

Hi Astraea, well done on doing day one! I am on day one just now can't wait to get into ketones! I found the dr pepper zero with ice cubes quite filling and it felt like a treat lmao! Good luck xxxx

Well I have got Through day two!!! Woohoo

Today I have had:

A porridge biscuit thing which was very filling.
A chilli with some lettuce leaves and a bit if cucumber and spring onion- very tasty!
A chocolate Truffa bar cause I was out with my daughter until 8pm
And then when I got back my hubby had done me 2 medium chicken breasts instead of one and. 3 flat mushrooms - now I are all the chicken I was just sooo hungry is this going to effect me much?? I am worried now

Day 2 complete. Day three started!!! I'm feeling a bit less hungry today I have had a choc cereal shake for breakfast, was very nice! Going to have a spicy spaghetti for lunch and a tuna salad later and maybe a bar!

Does anyone know If the extra chicken breast I had last night will effect me at all? Thanks

Protein(chicken) if cooked plain has no carbs and is quite lean so fat would be low, you would have upped your protein intake only.
So on balance i would say as you were hungry this is actually the best choice if you were going to eat extra.
plus if you were a bit more active that day you might have used those extra calories up anyway.....
Keep going honey, you're doing great

Your doing great hun. Keep on plodding ketosis will kick in soon :)

X

Thanks for the replies, I had a tin of tuna with vinegar at about 4pm and then a macaroni cheese and cauli for a late tea, not too keen on that one, didn't finish it :(

Ah well bed soon and then on to day 4!! I am proud of myself for getting to day 4 100% on my first attempt! I know it's early days, but I need to do this, both for my own health and for my family.

One day at a time!! And I've ordered a months worth now, so got to stick to it lol!

No it's not sickly cheesy, I'm not even sure I could say it tastes of cheese! I'm not sure lol, think weirdly my tastes have suddenly changed I can't explain it!

FIRST WEIGH IN: I've weighed a day early because I can't get to a Boots tomorrow

OMG I am down 9lbs!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, gosh it really gives u that motivation to keep it going lol

I have even had more protein than you are supposed to on more than one occasion! Wow.

well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an awesome weigh in result!!!! i would log that one, and stick to Monday weigh ins now... thats awesome well done x

Back