Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Visual cues.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by shoegirl, 21 October 2011 Social URL.

1. shoegirl

shoegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So, Hubby and I started SW last Thursday night. Going well so far - he lost 4.5lbs in the first week, & I lost 6lbs!! Anyway, he gave me a Trollbead bracelet with two beads on it, with the promise of a new bead for every half stone I lose! I'm so happy - only 1lb to go until I get my next bead - have my eye on one called Fur Animal. I feel it was really thoughtful of him, and a great visual cue to keep going - have a LOT of weight to lose. What do the rest of you do to keep going? Xo

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. laura4988

laura4988 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I want a pandora bracelet, and then buy a bead of the same colour as my award every time I get one. Just need to pursue oh to get me the bracelet and the beads to catch up. Iv been trying since I started and no such luck so far!! X

4. HelsAngel

HelsAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.27%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    My bf promised me a pair of shoes for every stone! I lost a stone then gained the next week so he's yet to buy them but they will be mine. Currently in negotiation that instead of a pair per stone, he should treat me to some Manolo's or some Louboutins when I get to target. Strangely enough, he's not keen!! ;)

5. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

I have visuals all around...

A fancy garlic press for my 1/2 stone (last of the big spenders!!!)
    Bought a slow cooker for my 2 1/2 & 3 stone
    Bought a new coat for my 3 1/2 & 4 stone (that's now too big!!!)
    A new CD for my 6 stone
    Am thinking concert tickets for my 6 1/2 & 7 stone (as hopefully I'll be there by April)

I've also bought a couple of tops, some cookbooks, a theatre ticket and a few other things.

With quite a bit to lose, I've decided to wait until I get to target, then I'm treating myself!!! (I've been saving up as I go, so I can treat myself to some Rigby and Peller underwear (with a trip to London thrown in!!) instead of the 'over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders' and then a necklace with a blue star on it (the same colour as the target badge)) - Because I'm worth it!!! :D :D :D

Last edited: 21 October 2011
  6. mrs big b

mrs big b Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    9st1.5lb(51.52%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Oh that's lovely of him what a great idea . My oh would never think of doing anything like that . So I just have to treat myself new coat new boots new wardrobe ;)

7. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I forgot to reward myself apart from having fish pedicures!

When I reach target I want to have some photos done.

I'm at a loss for some inexpensive ways to reward myself! Hubby is more skint than me now he's bought a new car!

8. mrs big b

mrs big b Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    9st1.5lb(51.52%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm hoping to get photos done too :) I'm hoping to reach target by my birthday (march 6th) and have it as a sort of joint thing .

9. lsf666

lsf666 Watch this space...

Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    My hubby bought me a pandora bracelet and I've got 1 charm for each award. And I wear it in WI day!!! I did weigh it once as it's obviously getting heavier :)

Clothes are the main one though. I love getting clothes in a size I haven't been for years!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

10. tallsarah

tallsarah Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(16.27%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love buying clothes now, as a tall and big person it was a nightmare, if I did find something that fitted then I would not always like it or had to pay a lot for something I didn't like. Now I have more choices at a reasonable price, and can buy what I actually want to wear, thank you SW I love you x

11. notcomfortable

notcomfortable Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(4.18%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    It might sound silly but there is a really cute wooly hat, scarf and gloves set in MATALAN that I am goint to get myself when i get to nine stone. Keep going everone!!!

12. ykciv1985

ykciv1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    I've decided to dye my hair, red from blond, and treat myself to a brand new Topshop dress :) Will feel like a whole new skinny me :)

Its a very motivating incentive to say 'no' to cake xx

13. K.T

K.T Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love this! I did this when I was on WW and lost 4 stones. I also have beads I was given for other achievements (such as qualifying and so on) I do need another visual cue I think.... glad I have read this :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.