Vitamins

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by chezzylou, 22 February 2011 Social URL.

1. chezzylou

chezzylou Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    In our group we have been told that taking certain vitamins and drinking more milk can help with our weight loss. I thought id share this as i didnt know this.

Vitamin C and Calcium - these stop the body from storing so much fat and helps pass it through the body

B-12 - speeds up the metabolism

hope this helps people
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I read about the calcium research when it was first reported. It said that losses were improved in people whose calcium levels were low to begin with. So if you were drinking milk, and eating cheese, yoghurts etc to start off with then supplements are unlikely to make a difference.

I believe you also need to take supplements for a sustained period or time, around three months, before you see any benefit so don't expect rapid results.

4. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm slightly concerned that your consultant is giving out information which isn't supported by SW.

If you're eating a healthy balanced diet (which SW is), then you shouldn't really need the addition of vitamins, as you should be getting what you need from your foods. Your consultant shouldn't really be saying that these things can boost your weightloss, as it doesn't form part of the plan, and makes it look like the plan doesn't work on it's own.

jaylou likes this.
  5. jen3

jen3 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with Jen. SW plan gives you plenty of calcium and vitamin C anyway (if you do it properly).

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

My thoughts exactly!!

7. RegField

RegField Silver Member

You get calcium from Healthy Extras, vitamin C from fruit and vegetables (your superfree!) and Vitamin B12 from all sorts of foods.

If you are following the plan, and eating lots of different foods, you should be getting enough vitamins and minerals.

I agree with Jennyonaplate - I think it is rather odd that a consultant shouild be saying these things.

8. katty

katty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    the reason i love this plan is because i don't feel deprived of anything. i feel like my lifestyle is healthier than ever. all the nutrients i get from the free food and healthy extras i believe are well enough for my body.
    plus i am rubbish at remembering to take tablets so it definitly wouldn't work for me lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.