VLCD switching Weight Watchers...

Thetrigos

Silver Member
... how did you get on? How did it affect your loss if you still had some to lose? Or was it easy to maintain if you had reached goal previously using a VLCD?

I'm thinking about switching to a VLCD from WW after a year doing WW to get rid of the last bit of weight... It would only be short term, and i'm trying to get all the information i might need... failing to prepare is preparing to fail as they say!

I did exante once before then went onto weightwatchers... stuck to the points VERY strictly for the week after, dont think I had weekly points, and I lost 0.5lbs. You'll gain water weight post vlcd so you can gain, but its very easily lost. After a VLCD you certainly appreciate food and normally the points are more than enough to satisfy once you've been on a liquid diet haha :p

I would advise against it, stick with WW :) You are learning some good eating habits, that will be undone very quickly by doing a vlcd imo

I did Cambridge before starting back at ww and I would also advise against a vlcd, for me it made me poorly and it has taken my body nearly 3 weeks to get back to normal x

It depends how much you have to lose. Vlcds are a great way to lose weight. Don't be put off by the horror stories If you only have a small amount though you're better sticking with ww

Thanks for all your replies. It's taken me a year to lose 2 stone with WW and i still have 3 to go... so my mind is already made up, and i've done my research. I am sensible and if it doesn't work it doesn't work, i'll trudge on with WW, i am and always will be a fan and recommend it to others, but i need a change. I really was hoping for some peoples experiences rather than a 'Don't do it!!', but thank you anyway :) x

Back