Vlcd vs low carb

gonabslim79

Hey everyone,

Just wanted some advice.

Has anyone come from a vlcd straight to Atkins ?

I'm on day 12 of exante and don't think I can last much longer.

I need to eat.

Should I ease off the shakes or can I go straight to eating protein as I will stay in ketosis?

Or does it not work like that?

Cheers

i haven't done that but there are loads here who have come from a vlcd to Atkins - be patient hun and you'll get loads of helpful advice :)

Hi
I did Lipotrim last year in may for 3 weeks and lost 18lbs but after the 3rd week I just needed to eat something! I wish i had gone straight to Atkins but i didn't instead I spent the rest of the year calorie counting vlcd. I didn't gain any weight but I didn't lose any either and it was a painfully hungry 6 months! I' 4 weeks in on Atkins and i'm really pleased, eating like a queen and visibly losing weight!

Thank you, i think i prob will need to ease my way back in. im worried about piling on the weight ive just lost once i start eating. maybe ill start with droping my evening pack for a protein meal. for a week then add another meal the next?

I think you'll be fine. You will put on weight (2-5lbs) simply from the fact that you will have food inside you instead of *nothing* but you'll soon be losing again.

Exante packs do contain a fair bit more carbohydrates than is allowed on Atkins early phases. If you are both eating and taking Exante packs in some combination then it could push you out of ketosis pretty easily as the two diets maintain the keto state via very different means: there are two ways to stay in ketosis, one is very low calories (doesn't matter what carbs you eat to an extent) and the other is eating protein and fat (in any quantity you want) but strictly limiting carbs, so mixing high carb exante packs with high fat and protein atkins isn't a great idea for longer than necessary in my opinion. If you do want to phase in slowly then i'd suggest keeping calories low until you are off the packs entirely, stick to the 200-300 calories per meal and maybe doing it quicker than one meal per week, i'd add in a protein meal for 2-3 days, then add in a second meal for 2-3 days and then come off the packs entirely. Even better, just drop the packs and go to Atkins full time right away (maybe eat light for the first 24 hours so your tummy can get used to having food again).

It is quite a monumental shift from eating nothing, to eating whatever you like in as much quantity as you need, and eating plenty of fat, the transition is hard because psychologically eating less and starving makes sense.

Good luck!

Thanks Losingit

Sounds like a plan! I'm going to start having a light evening meal.

Last night I had a tin of tuna and my pack later in the night and that was the first time in 2 weeks I've felt satisfied.

I've got chicken breast and broccoli tonight as going to circuit training for the 1st time in 2 weeks so feel I need the fuel as I burn 550 cals in that hour workout!

I'm kinda nervous about eating again!!

Sorry to barge in to your thread but I was on CD and I'd lost 2 stones. Maintained my weight loss for six months but need to lose 2 stones more and couldn't bear the thought of sole sourcing or sole source plus. I changed to Atkins last week. Although I stayed the same weight last weight but I've started noticing inch losses and clothes fitting better. I will weigh on Saturday and hoping to have lost a few pounds. Atkins for me is my lifestyle choice of low carb which I know I can adhere to and not feel guilty.

Hope it helps.

That does alot thank you.

How did you maintain after coming off cd? How did you drop your packs?

I maintained by staying on a very low calorie diet. Started CD couple of weeks to achieve target weight, couldn't bear the thought of not eating and chose Atkins after researching and reading through the threads here as well as the book. I've given my shakes to my daughter who thinks she can cope with the non food factor.

Good luck.

Aww really Brightonbetty!

Which one did you do? Are still taking the packs now?

How much you lose?

I've been having 2 packs a day and an evening meat and veg dinner for the past few days. I think I'll introduce a 2nd next week.

I'm waiting for Atkins and dukan to come in at the library. So I can try before I buy my own copy!!

Slim and Save. I haven't quite finished yet, will try and carry on until Tuesday. Have lost 10lb so far. I just miss food and eating with the family and being able to go out like a normal person. So the way I see it I've got 2 options - if I don't finish soon I will end up bingeing like a maniac or I swap over to Atkins whilst I'm still in ketosis and carry on with a smoothish transition. I can't wait! I bought Atkins book on my kindle, bought the new one though, published in 2011 which is not written by him but still the same.

Wht vlcd are you on? How much have you lost? What meals have you been having? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back