VLCD when youre ill

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Starlight, 26 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ive been ill since Thurs.

Yesterday I was violently sick all day and if Im out of bed for more than 20 mins I get very dizzy and light headed.

Yesterday I had only water, not much, as I couldnt even keep that down but I feel less sick today but still really wiped out if Im up.

Im wondering if the fact Im so dizzy and light headed I should really have something to eat. My mums on her way over with bread, soup, eggs for me. I know itll bump me out of ketosis but Im not too stressed about that.

Whats anyone else done under these circumstances

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. muhly

muhly Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.64%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi that sounds terrible! My councillor at Cambridge diet said if I we're to get very ill, it's best to eat healthilly but sensibly until you're better.

Otherwise your body simply doesn't have the calories and fuel to make you well again, which can make you sicker for longer.
    Hope you feel better soon!

4. florakitty

florakitty Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've recently had flu and I felt the same. I was vomiting, achey and weak but I asked the gp if I should start eating and she said eating wouldn't help. She just recommended I had lots of fluids. If you feel like you need to eat though, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world! If you're feeling that rough then you're probably not going to want to eat loads anyway. I know when I had flu it was the last thing I felt like doing. Get well soon!

5. Divster

Divster Banned

If you come off plan, will you be able to slip back into plan when you are better? Hope you feel better soon xx

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats sort of the way I was thinking and wondering if eating nothing will make the dizziness worse

Couldnt imagine anything worse than eating right now lol

Oh I will, absolutely :)

7. *jenjen*

*jenjen* I will do this...

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I'm new so I'm not really sure what you should do but I just wanted to say get well soon. Its rotten feeling ill - I hope you feel much better soon x

8. rubyangel

rubyangel skinny jeans-im on my way

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    exante
    if you stick with the packs,at least you know you are getting the right amount of daily vitamins,so may help you to recover.

9. *lil*

*lil* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(36.41%)
    Oh :( hope you're better soon!

10. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    I think the last thing I could tolerate when I'm sick is a shake :p I wouldn't take one personally because then I'd begin to mentally associate sickness with shake..

If you gotta eat you gotta eat. Let mummy look after you and you'll be on fit form to get back into the plan. We all know how dedicated you are Starlight, so I'm sure you'll be back on great form before too long xxx

11. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

I would deffo have something to eat,not too many carbs though, but some chicken, or eggs or somethng light would help i think x x

12. CHARLEYSANGEL

CHARLEYSANGEL Silver Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim,now maintaining!
    Starlight, I agree with Cheryl, perhaps try light low carb meals, it should help with the dizzy spells. Hope you feel well soon!

Clair x

13. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    When I was poorly with tonsilitis that went on for days, I added in more meat & veg, and it did seem to help.
    I also split my shakes into half ones and had them all hot, so really warm, milky comforty drinks regularly through the day.
    I do hope you're feeling better soon.
    Take care xxx

14. Mum2Two

Mum2Two Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(27.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World after Exante
    Hope you feel better soon.x

15. Smallerme

Smallerme Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Sounds like you might need to eat what your body is telling you at the moment, and that may be carbs. Hope you feel better soon.

16. Beaut x.

Beaut x. Full Member

Diet:
    Exante - Total Solution

I had a throat infection and could hardly swallow and was in bed all week on my aamw. Managed to drink my 2 litres of water and stick to total solution and get better without any antibiotics or tablets of any kind.
    Probably depends if you can cope with the pain if you want to stick to the diet 100% or not xxx

17. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    We can go without food for a lot longer than we can go without fluids which is why a GP will always recommend getting plenty of fluids even if we can't face solids when poorly.
    Most people can't stomach food anyway when they are ill but it doesn't matter as long as you keep up the fluid.
    Get well soon.....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.