Vomiting a side effect? Day one

shazzy_shaz

Silver Member
Hello everybody!

I'm on day one of the CD and having previously done the Atkins I knew that i'd be experiencing headaches and lighted headedness but this time round it seems much more difficult!

I think I've let my eating habits get so out of control that I'm literally addicted to the carbs and sugar ive been shovelling in over the past months!

Anyone else experience withdrawal symptoms?? And how long before they passed?

heya Shaz :)
I was realy crappy for 3 days ...I think same as you I was having way too much sugar and carbs and my body was so weak and my head banged for 2 days solid no matter what pills I popped...I have heard of ppl chucking up the shakes before as well....theyr very loaded with vitamins and stuff arent they lol
Ride it out hun you almost have 1 day out of the way...some ppl are in ketosis after 2 days.......by about day 4 I had the massive energy and sence of well being Id red about
the results are SO worth the discomfort your experiencing now.... I lost almost a stone 1st week ....lemme paste you some good insparational reading material see if I cant distract you x

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/145916-ive-done-27st-12st-13-months.html

Oh Mojo thank you so much! I think because id already done Atkins that I'd be fine withdrawal wise but it's rubbish! I've been told about the dreaded three day mountain climb but stupidly though id be okay so ill just have to wait it out u
I guess!

shazzy_shaz said:
Hello everybody!

I'm on day one of the CD and having previously done the Atkins I knew that i'd be experiencing headaches and lighted headedness but this time round it seems much more difficult!

I think I've let my eating habits get so out of control that I'm literally addicted to the carbs and sugar ive been shovelling in over the past months!

Anyone else experience withdrawal symptoms?? And how long before they passed?

Yep I am on day 5 and felt sick/ been sick for 5 days straight! Feel terrible but its gotta get better soon. :( x

Oh bless you day five! And here I am moaning about day one problems! Do you think/feel like you've lost any? I keep reading the success stories and it's keeping me going!

shazzy_shaz said:
Oh bless you day five! And here I am moaning about day one problems! Do you think/feel like you've lost any? I keep reading the success stories and it's keeping me going!

Well i should be on day 28 but i had a week of blips so started again on sunday and trust me its sooooooooooo much worse this time!!!

Ive lost 2 pounds since sunday so far but feel very bloated from water so I am gonna wait til weigh in next weds but so far ive lost 16 pounds in 28 days including my week of messing around!

You will get through it, first weeks hardest then its not too bad keep it up and take one day at a time xx

That's amazing! I've been working out at the gym and eating healthily for ages and nothing seemed to make the pounds drop! So this feels like my last chance to shift the mountain of fat!!

shazzy_shaz said:
That's amazing! I've been working out at the gym and eating healthily for ages and nothing seemed to make the pounds drop! So this feels like my last chance to shift the mountain of fat!!

Thats good youve been healthy and active prior to the diet as you will find it easier to maintain once you finish cwp. I miss exercising but its not advised on ss. Also i just checked their website it says that the high mineral content in the sachets could be causing nausea and advised to split packs into two. I may try this tomorrow?

You will be slimmer in no time! They say a stone a month but first months always more x

Aww that makes sense about the high mineral content! I used to struggle to get even half of all the nutrients!!! When people say oh it's a starvation diet, you can't keep it off! Blah, blah, blah! But I think it's getting the weight off that's the hard part, I'm hoping the exercise will help keep it off! Its weird not having to go to classes and they gym!!

shazzy_shaz said:
Aww that makes sense about the high mineral content! I used to struggle to get even half of all the nutrients!!! When people say oh it's a starvation diet, you can't keep it off! Blah, blah, blah! But I think it's getting the weight off that's the hard part, I'm hoping the exercise will help keep it off! Its weird not having to go to classes and they gym!!

I mean its possible its a fad for some people and some do put the weight and more on but its all about maintaining after and making lifestyle changes once and for all. People that say that are usually jealous or know very little about the diet! Your stomach shrinks on this too so you will find u will eat much smaller portions too x

I just can't wait to get started and for the withdrawal symptoms to fade away and to start to see the results!! The results alone would be enough to keep me going! Its just a waiting game now I guess!

shazzy_shaz said:
I just can't wait to get started and for the withdrawal symptoms to fade away and to start to see the results!! The results alone would be enough to keep me going! Its just a waiting game now I guess!

Yer i am going to continue no matter what because it is worth it! You should begin to feel better by day 4 but depends how much carby stuff you had before starting. You will have so much energy in ketosis and suddenly food wont bother you x

Jenna_Lou22 said:
I'm always sick on the shakes hun so all I have are bars & porridges only thing I can keep down xxxx

Might have to try this at next wi and order those. I am dreading having my shakes today :( eekkk x

I'm not sure if it was the porridge or shakes which caused it but day two and I'm not feeling nauseous yet which is a good sign but the headaches are still there in the background! I can't believe how amazing you look! Its giving me the will to carry on and make it past the dreaded first week!!!

shazzy_shaz said:
I'm not sure if it was the porridge or shakes which caused it but day two and I'm not feeling nauseous yet which is a good sign but the headaches are still there in the background! I can't believe how amazing you look! Its giving me the will to carry on and make it past the dreaded first week!!!

Who looks amazing hun?? I need some inspiration xx

Back