Waggamama? (Probably spelt wrong)

chihuahualady

Hi all,

I am off to Peter Kay tomorrow night and was thinking of having a bite to eat in Manchester beforehand.

Is Waggamma a good place to go for low syn grub?

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Gemma

somebody else posted this question on our facebook slimmers group page and a group member referred them to a facebook page called SYNS ALLOWED they are not officially recognised by slimmers world but have done a good deal to post syns for all questions asked you have to ask to be a member hope this helps

Hi Chihuahualady, I've looked in the back of my food directory book and here are some syn values for a few of their most popular dishes: chicken and prawn pad Thai- 18.5 for EE or green or 28 on red, chicken Katsura and rice is 27 or 40.5 on red, chicken ramen is 25.5 on all plans, firecracker chicken and rice is 20.5 or 39.5 on red Wagamama ramen is 34.5 on all plans, teriyaki chicken donburi with rice is 15 or 30.5 on red, chicken and prawn Cha Han is 15.5 or 34 on red. The chilli squid, which is my favourite is 15.5 on EE and red or 24.5 on green!
You will probably be as surprised as me to see these syn values but, I think this is counting absolutely everything as a syn and not counting anything as a free food? Obviously, on EE or green, the noodles would be free, the veg is free. I know they use a lot of oil but still high!
Hope this helps?

Thanks guys. I may end up going to the food court in Manchester where I know there is a jacket potato place! Or, I may go Nandos and have chicken (remove the skin) with corn and rice :)

I can't believe before joining Slimming World I have been going to Wagamama thinking that the Chicken Ramen is fairly healthy so having that and it's probably on of the worst things on the menu. I think it just goes to show what I believed was healthy actually isn't.

My Sister wants to go there for her Birthday, so I was looking on the online menu to work out the best option. I'll be getting one of the kids meals - probably the chicken / noodles / vegetables / dipping sauce.

Calorie-wise that meal works out at about 18 syns, but the vegetables/chicken/noodles should be free unless they're drowned in oil...

I've never been a huge fan of Wagamamas.

I love wagamamas and their pad Thai is my favourite - 18.5 syns is ok as a treat once in a while (may avoid the chilli squid starter from now on though, as much as I love it, 15.5 syns for a starter is too much ?)

Back