Waist cinchers...advice please!

LaurenLouise89

Hi all, so im due to go out the weekend before halloween this is my first night out with friends for about 18 months due to lack of self confidence and also i have a 2 year old little boy, having been on the diet for around 6/7 weeks now i have lost weight and feel a little more confident but i want to look really good on my night out so been looking into waist cinchers...ive bought an 'Esbelt' waist cincher that has been featured on gok wans programme how to look good naked, read loads of great reviews but when it arrived today was slightly dissapointed...perhaps im asking for too much as it did pull my tummy in a bit but not ALOT and also seems to have pushed my fat upwards as it leaves a fat roll under my boobs which im sure you will see through my dress :( sooo anyone out there got any experience with shapewear/waist cinchers that made a real difference and you can reccomend? please help! im about a size 16 just to give you a rough idea size wise am a way off being a skinny minny unfortunatly :( x

Unfortunately the problem with most of the range of underwear that give the impression we're smaller, is that the fat has to go somewhere. I also experience difficultly with knickers that are supposed to slim you down.

In the end the best ones I find are the shorts that look like cycling shorts, but that go really high to just under your boobs. That way it's like have a corset on but nowhere near as tight, the good thing with the shorts too is they don't feel like they're slicing you across the knicker line like other big knickers do. I got my shorts from Debenhams and paid about £35 but they were worth it for under dresses.

I know gok has women in shorts, knickers, belt things under jeans as well as dresses/skirts but I'd rather get high waisted jeans than wear big pants and jeans all night, way too uncomfy!

Good luck

Back