Waist training?

Subbing! As I have become increasingly intrigued too...

The Kardashians do this, I want bodies like those girls! Unfortunately I think they might have bought theirs...haha

Saying that women are emancipated makes little sense to me? In Victorian times yes they were expected and often forced to wear 'corsets'/'waist trainers'. In today's society it's a choice to wear one. No one is forced or expected to.
After reading about them today I probably won't get one as it seems like an awful lot of effort/discomfort required for slow results however I don't feel it's a problem if certain women choose to wear them.

Unfortunately, what the likes of these Kardashian people do is likely to be copied by young girls - much as I loathe the term "role model", that's what they are to a lot of people.

Tight corsets can restrict digestion and breathing and damage internal organs. Victorian ladies were not always fainting because they were inherently weaker, but because they couldn't breathe!!

Came across this article, which is interesting:

Are waist shapers bad for your health?

Unfortunately, what the likes of these Kardashian people do is likely to be copied by young girls - much as I loathe the term "role model", that's what they are to a lot of people.

Yep, they've built a multi million pound empire out of it!

I must admit, I do think they are beautiful girls, with amazing figures. but it does seem obvious that Kim and Khloe have butt implants thesedays.

tumblr_nhcbk8KBad1qivd1ao1_250.jpg

Just jumping in. ...nothing to do with waist trainers. ...who would want a bum that big? ?!!! I really don't get it! !!!!

Whilst I'd probably never wear one (I'm a huge wimp, and I've become quite fond of breathing) I really don't think it's fair to liken women choosing to wear one to Victorian times. If I could look like Dita Von Teese I would, nothing to do with being oppressed or coerced.

On the bum note, I have a Kardashian bum! No implants and it gets smaller when I lose weight, but the shape stays the same, so I'm not entirely convinced they have implants.

EDIT: I'm hoping if the bum gets big enough then Kris Jenner will adopt me...

I like it!

I would love a bum like that! The thing is with Khloe and Kim is that there bums have come from nowhere, which is what makes me thing theyve had a little hollywood help! Khloe has actually lost weight but her bum has practically doubled!!
khloe-kardashion-butt-plastic-surgery-wtf-756x1024.jpg

Jeez, I'd never noticed how much of a difference there was!! I know squats can make a difference, but that is huge!

squatting deffo makes a big difference before I started working out I never had a bum my jeans used to just sag now my bootie fills my jeans and I love it :p

me and my cousin was just talking to about the waste trainers I seen the kardashians where them but are they meant to work I would properly buy one and use it a few times and not bother with it anymore

That's it. I'm off to squat.

I want a big ol' booty! ;)

I think those mammoth - totally out of proportion - elephant bums are horrible. I can't believe celebs are actually going under the knife to have buttock implants, they look as though their arses are about to give birth. They pay to look freakish... and for what? To make themselves more sexually attractive to men. I have wondered, how on earth does a man have nookies with them from behind anyway? There would be so much implant to move out of the way and... do they hurt if your sat on them for a while? Surely the pressure must build and cause pain. Yeeeeaaaakkk! No thanks... I want to please myself and have a healthy figure, not please some man that likes a plaggy butt.

I think a lot of women do it for themselves, not for men - the same reason a lot of women wear makeup and dress nicely. I certainly wouldn't imagine butt implants are comfortable, but I doubt that they get them just so that men will want to have sex with them.

As women will not be able to see the butt implants... why buy them if not for somebody else's viewing pleasure? Or displeasure as I see it. ;) xx

I think a lot of women do it for themselves, not for men - the same reason a lot of women wear makeup and dress nicely. I certainly wouldn't imagine butt implants are comfortable, but I doubt that they get them just so that men will want to have sex with them.

I agree, it's probably a self confidence thing and another way to make themselves look "nice". Not much different to wearing makeup, as you say. Or having breast implants, etc. Believe it or not, not all women give a damn about how men think they look.

Back