• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Waiting by the letter box.....

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
S: 17st4lb C: 12st4lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 5st0lb(28.93%)
I am 51 and married with 2 daughters who have left home and a son of 17 who has a lot of health problems so I am mostly at home looking after him.

I have lost 37 lbs but it has taken me 17 months and this is very disappointing
:(
I have been told by the doctor/nurse and endocrinologist that it is because I have a very slow metabolism, due to previous health problems, but of course that does not make it feel any better.
:sigh:
The nurse has now done a referral for me to go to slimming world and I am just waiting for the voucher to arrive.
:D
I have been trying to find out as much information on it as possible to I can make sure I have the right groceries in ready. :confused:

I was hoping the voucher would come in today's post in time for me to attend my first meeting tonight but sadly it was not to be!

I am looking forward to making some new friends on here and giving and receiving lots of support

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I am 51 and married with 2 daughters who have left home and a son of 17 who has a lot of health problems so I am mostly at home looking after him.

I have lost 37 lbs but it has taken me 17 months and this is very disappointing
:(
I have been told by the doctor/nurse and endocrinologist that it is because I have a very slow metabolism, due to previous health problems, but of course that does not make it feel any better.
:sigh:
The nurse has now done a referral for me to go to slimming world and I am just waiting for the voucher to arrive.
:D
I have been trying to find out as much information on it as possible to I can make sure I have the right groceries in ready. :confused:

I was hoping the voucher would come in today's post in time for me to attend my first meeting tonight but sadly it was not to be!

I am looking forward to making some new friends on here and giving and receiving lots of support
:welcome:& hello, why don't you have a good nose around the Slimming World section & get ideas while you're waiting on your voucher to arrive. There's great recipe threads & ideas for menus, shopping etc. Kepp posting, everyone is friendly here. Hope your voucher arrives soon & you'll soon get into the swing of things. Goodluck!!

S: 21st5.0lb C: 18st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 41 Loss: 2st9lb(12.37%)
Hiya! I've been referred by my GP too, I was hoping my letter would come today but it didn't so it's put a bit of a downer on getting started. Hopefully tomorrow! Good luck with your weight loss!

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
Thank you for the warm welcome:bighug:I will indeed be having a jolly good look through all the info to keep me going :peep:

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
I have an obsessive personality.... that's how I roll...:whacky068:

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
I do love a bit of company ....:hug99:

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
I don't believe it my voucher still has not arrived.... boo boo :sigh:

I don't believe it my voucher still has not arrived.... boo boo :sigh:
Ah is there anybody you could contact as it still hasn't arrived,very frustrating for you.I'd say you're dying to get started.

How are you finding things here?I've been away for a few days with not much wifi so catching up on things.

I saw you asked about helpful apps, one I use all the time is "map my walk",it's a gps based app,handy for walking/running/cycling,maps your route,time,distance & estimates calories used.

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
Hello again...
I did check with the surgery just to make sure they had faxed it... they had so if it doesn't come this week they said they would chase it

I am enjoying it here very much

Thanks for the app tip

Hello again...
I did check with the surgery just to make sure they had faxed it... they had so if it doesn't come this week they said they would chase it

I am enjoying it here very much

Thanks for the app tip
Oh hopefully it'll come soon for you.Did you add the app for minimims to your phone,adds to the addiction element :) Love it on here,loads of information & inspiration.

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
I did indeed:D

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
Well the evil voucher did not arrive again today....

So I will not be able to start this week either

Boo Hiss.... I really wanted to get started on the system but it is not to be

Well the evil voucher did not arrive again today....

So I will not be able to start this week either?

Boo Hiss.... I really wanted to get started on the system but it is not to be
Oh really coz I'm dying for you to get started too ha ha:)

Anyway you'll be a star pupil at your group once you get going,armed with all the info on here.

Don't get disheartened.Why don't you start compiling a load of recipes or lists of food you'd
like to try.I've printed off loads of recipes from Petes cookbook & slimming eats.I try to cook one new recipe a week to stop me getting bored.

Hope it comes through for you soon :)

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
I have to say I am not short of a recipe or two..... Adding in the ones I bought today I have 86 health eating cookbooks and I wouldn't like to guess how many general ones. While waiting I have just been carrying with my own diet that I have been following for the last 17 months. I am enjoying it on the forum, but I don't seem to be able to sort out the information.... I haven't got a clue how the Syn values are worked out...... is it just based on fat, or fat and sugar being naughty and kept under control

I have to say I am not short of a recipe or two..... Adding in the ones I bought today I have 86 health eating cookbooks and I wouldn't like to guess how many general ones. While waiting I have just been carrying with my own diet that I have been following for the last 17 months. I am enjoying it on the forum, but I don't seem to be able to sort out the information.... I haven't got a clue how the Syn values are worked out...... is it just based on fat, or fat and sugar being naughty and kept under control
I love cookbooks too, but rarely use them, must dust them off & see whats SW friendly.

There's a basic rule for Syns, in that every 20kcal in an item is one syn, so a 100kcal cereal bar would cost you 5syns. When you get to class there's helpful shopping & snacking guides, I'd recommend getting them. Also you'll get access to the official Slimming World site with your group membership & there's online tools & directories to work out the syns of foods & brands, there also an official SW app too, handy when out in the supermarket.

bloodcoveredprincess

Get Fit - Enjoy Life!
Thanks Issy I have been to the doctors today about something else..... so I have asked them to chase up the elusive voucher so hopefully there will be some news for me soon....

Well I am off now to make some banana loaf.... got to try to tempt my sick son to eat when he finally wakes up :eatdrink023:

Thanks Issy I have been to the doctors today about something else..... so I have asked them to chase up the elusive voucher so hopefully there will be some news for me soon....

Well I am off now to make some banana loaf.... got to try to tempt my sick son to eat when he finally wakes up :eatdrink023:
Great hope they sort it for you.Hope son not too
ill,hate when my kids are sick,you just wanna fix them.