waiting for my book...

Karen

Serial Foodie!
Hi Guys,

Im on exante but cannot last much longer without eating. I have decided to jump over to the atkins camp and my book should be arriving today. I am pretty clueless until the book arrives but am keen to start today. I just wondered if you could cast an eye over todays food and tell me if it sounds right....

Brekky - 3 bacon medallions, 1 fried egg and a jumbo mushroom

Lunch - 2 egg omlette with cheese and cream and a little red onion

dinner - frying steak with brocolli and amother jumbo mushroom.

2 coffees with double cream.

thanks in advance

xxxxx

oh, i was going to have a little boursin with dinner too.

Hi Karen, don't forget approx 15g of your 20g of carbs ( if you are doing induction) must be from veg, ie spinach, cabbage, leafy greens, broccoli etc and drink loads of water, about 3 l if you can manage it.
Good luck :)
Sandra

it may be a silly question sandra, but does that mean i just weigh out 15g of the veggies each day and incorporate them into my menu?

Karen said:
it may be a silly question sandra, but does that mean i just weigh out 15g of the veggies each day and incorporate them into my menu?

Hi Karen, good luck on your Atkins journey :)

There are "stickies" in the Atkins diet thread that give a good overview of how to get started on Atkins.

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

Thanks guys, its much appriciated. I read the 'so you are thinking...' post, very informative. just wanted to be sure. Thanks again xxx

Hi Karen, I track all my food on my fitness pal and have customised my settings for Atkins ratios 5g carb, 30 g protein and 65 g fat then as I log my food I can keep an eye on the carbs I am eating. It really does help to track each day. To get the right ratios I set my daily calorie total as 1600. I do struggle to eat enough fat and tend to eat full fat Mayo, use double cream in my coffee . The book will definitely help, towards the end it gives you menu suggestions for each phase. Hope this helps, good luck. It really is a great way of eating :)

Hi karen and welcome.

No the 15g of green veg is carbs so different amounts in each veg

I also recommend myfitnesspal to help you - slaj meant percentages 5/30/65 :)

Good luck!

thanks for the replies. Looking forward to getting to grips with the book. xxxx

And. It's not 15g of veggies, its 15g of carbs from veggies.....

Back