Walk 100 miles

chocoholiccat

Hi Ladies,

I was hoping somebody might like to join in with me attempting to walk 100 miles to boost my weight loss? I was thinking that it could be a bit like the Run 100 miles thread. I'm currently training for a 10 mile MoonWalk and would love a way to keep track of the miles I'm doing. Anyway, I'll start recording from tomorrow........

chocoholiccat 0 miles (100 miles to go)

I was only thinking of doing something like this yesterday! :D

Have just started walking daughter to school some mornings (about 3 mile round journey) and have been enjoying it, so went out on my own last couple of mornings, so will start from scratch tomorrow.

Chocoholiccat 0 miles (100 miles to go)
Loosemyageinweight 0 miles (100 miles to go)

Wohoo! Thanks for joining me :) I'm trying to do a couple of miles a day with longer walks at the weekend. I'm determined that this walking will prepare me for my 10 miler and help me with my weight loss.

Och dammit bad timing I just completed my walking challenge yesterday 130 miles AKA 5 marathons done in 6 months....I think I need a break before starting on another walking challenge....my feet certainly need a break but good luck :)

Och dammit bad timing I just completed my walking challenge yesterday 130 miles AKA 5 marathons done in 6 months....I think I need a break before starting on another walking challenge....my feet certainly need a break but good luck :)

Wow - well done you! :D:D

Chocoholiccat 0 miles (100 miles to go)
Loosemyageinweight 7.3 miles (92.7 miles to go)

Well Done you! Was your walk anywhere exciting?!
I feel really bad, I didn't get out today and feel bad about it now :sigh: My plan is to get 2 miles done tomorrow and that will get me started at least.

That looks amazing....I'm just doing a 10 miler for MacMillan Cancer Care and Beatson Cancer Centre but I reckon all the training will help me as much as the actual walk. OH and I are hoping to climb a couple of hills as part of the training as well so hopefully it will all add up for my 100 mile challenge :)

That looks amazing....I'm just doing a 10 miler for MacMillan Cancer Care and Beatson Cancer Centre but I reckon all the training will help me as much as the actual walk. OH and I are hoping to climb a couple of hills as part of the training as well so hopefully it will all add up for my 100 mile challenge :)

Ooooh see that's my downfall...I can walk miles and miles and miles but stick a hill in the way and I am a wreck...did a few hills on the route but thankfully most was very flat...might move onto hills next now you've made me think of it :)

I never said that I was good at climbing hills :p I just keep trying to find new wee challenges to give myself so that I don't get bored of exercising. I also tend to find that the more I exercise, the better I want to eat, which can only be a good thing!

Well done on your challenge ladies, I am cheering you on from here. Not joining you cos I need to somehow limit the number of threads I update but I walk lots and it is great. :) keep going!

Can I join in too?? I tried the c25k but it was just too hard in my back so I am just walking! I have a 2 mile circuit which I try and do 3-4 times a week depending on work. In 6 weeks I have almost completed 3 of the body magic challenges on sw online so not too bad :)

Oh can I add this weeks walks in so far or will I just start the count from now???

Chocoholiccat 7 miles (93 miles to go)
Hoping (100 miles to go)

Hi everyone

Would it be ok if I joined in?? I used to love walking, when I dieted a few years ago I walked every single day. Currently I'm stuck in a bit of lethargy and trying to motivate myself to get back exercising, as not only will it help my weight loss, but I know full well that once I've done it I actually feel really good!

Coincidently I was thinking only today that it would be good to set myself some sort of challenge in order to encourage the walking. So I'd love to join you, if that is ok :)

Chocoholiccat 7 miles (93 miles to go)
Hoping (100 miles to go)
chloecat (100 miles to go)

:wavey:Hello! Sorry I've been neglecting my thread................Just wanted to say thanks for doing this with me.

I've added in my miles from the weekend;

Chocoholiccat 10 miles (90 miles to go)
Hoping 6 miles (94 miles to go)

Hi

Would it be ok if I joined in too? I'm not training for a big walk or anything but I really need to up my exercise & I'd like to give myself a bit of a challenge to try & do it. I've done 2.8 miles today so will count that towards it if that's ok!

Rebecca

Walked 2.7 miles today with the dogs :) Like having this goal to work to! How's it going for everyone else?

Chocoholiccat 10 miles (90 miles to go)
Hoping 11 miles (89 miles to go)
Rebecca 5.5 miles (94.5 to go)

Back