Walking away the pounds.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Rayven, 23 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Lazy....lazy........lazy!
    Since getting my car i have become a couch potato. Before i got the car i would walk the kids to and from school, walk to the local co-op or tesco express for grocery shopping, walk and hour and twenty minutes to visit my Mum, i walked EVERYWHERE! When we got the car i said that i'd only use it when i needed to - but you guessed it i now drive the kids to and from school, i drive to the big asda to do my shopping (even if i don't need much) I drive to mums, i drive to town, infact i think the only walking i do is from the car to the front door!!
    Well this morning i dusted off the pedometer, strapped it to my jeans and decided that the 'new' me is more active than the old one and that i had to start somewhere. (don't think i'm quite ready for the gym yet!) I walked the kids to school (you should have heard the moans when i said we were walking!) i then walked to the local tesco express for some fruit and veg and then walked home. Upping my number of steps for the day from something in the region of 500 up to 5485! I'm hoping making these small changes will help on my journey to a happier me. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    Good for you girl! I need to do the same! Our office moved further away so my walk has increased, as well as the commute so I just started wearing my pedometer this week as well and was shocked at how few steps I did compared to the 10000 steps they say to do in a day, I am only doing about half that.

Good luck with the change!!
    x

4. Daisy_Doo_Dah

Daisy_Doo_Dah Boo!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    That's really good Ray!!! They say that even 5-10 minutes per day is really beneficial!!! Good on you gal!!! I have my first weigh in tonight, fingers crossed for me :)

5. Rayven

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ooooh good luck hun! Let us know how you get on. x

6. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Well done hun, its those small changes that can make a BIG difference. I would love to do more walking, unfortunately I live at the top of the biggest hill in the country (even the mountain goats wear spiked boots and oxygen masks!) and its just not practical. I do, occasionally park on the "flat" and walk from there (dependant upon the weather)

7. Rayven

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Well managed to do 11,162 yesterday without even really trying. Won't do half as many today as we got up late and i had to drive the kids to school or we would've been late. *note to self* - buy an alarm clock!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.