Walking Buddies - London

BigBlackBird

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone fancies going walking, could be fun in a group, pick a nice London park and go for a wander.

Hi Rozie and BigBlackBird, I live in SW London quite near a few nice parks and the river if you ever fancy a daytime walk. I have a friend who walks with people she met through meetup.com but I think they might walk at quite a brisk pace which is out of my league at the moment.

Hi Julie,

Unfortunately i work during the week days but thank you for the offer. I will check meetup again though for a walking group that is for us slower folk lol

I can also walk at weekends but I don't want to do any evening walks this time of year. I love walking in the evening in summer though. Meetup is really good apparently, so hopefully you will find a group near you. If there isn't one you can always start one up. Happy walking.

Well i think i might just start a meetup group for overweight walkers, see what the demand is like, didn't realise they charge for starting a group, so i'll wait til pay day lol

Have you done any walking? I hope you found someone because it makes it much easier when you have someone to chat to. I am lucky to have someone nearby who comes out for a walk a couple of times a week. Without her, I doubt I would go. I am dreading when she goes away for a month at the end of year, so I have got the wii fit set up in readiness. I used to use it a lot but I haven't touched for for about 18 months. I've got a couple of discs for it to get me motivated. I've also set up a thread for people to put their October monthly exercise target, and amount achieved. It's not as good as a real life buddy, but it will get be on the wii more often. It can be any kind of exercise - indoor, outdoor, gym, zumba etc. http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exe...challenge-xbox-wii-gym-class-outdoor-etc.html

I'd definitely be up for weekend (and evenings in summer) walks in London. I'm moving back in January so I'll keep an eye on this thread!

Back