Walking off the weight;

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Spitfirex, 14 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Spitfirex

Spitfirex Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.35%)
    I've cut out junk food, sweets, fizzy drinks, ect.
    Getting 5-a-day on fruit & veg.
    Smaller portions at meal times.
    Drinking a min of 2litres of water every day.
    And walking (googlemaps tells me) 1.6miles every day.
    I'm hoping to lose 2lbs a week, for the next 15weeks.
    (After that, I intend to increase my route length by 1mile as I hoping to lose a lot more weight. The 30lbs is just a sort of, start up target)
    Wish me luck!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Samprand

Samprand WILL do it!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    ive been trying to walk to shift some weight too, did 3.6 miles tuesday and just under 3 miles yesterday (according to googlemaps - same as u) thinking of having a day off from walking today and might just do a workout instead. how are u finding ur walks so far?

4. Spitfirex

Spitfirex Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.35%)
    Nice, good luck to ya. Have you been walking to lose weight for long? Just wondering how effective you're finding it?
    I'm doing alright thus far, I'm not really doing very long ones (takes about 30minutes) so it's unlikely I'll decide it's too much effort to keep up with.
    Listen to some music, spend time in the sun... I wish I had somewhere nicer to walk than around the roads near my house, but sadly I live in London.
    How are you doing?

5. kindleuser

kindleuser Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley/Calorie counting
    My pedometer is now in use every day - I started at 8 then 10,000 and now I try for 15,000 steps per day which = 8.25kms or 5.25 miles.
    It does make it easier because I am now retired, live in a warmer climate than the UK and have a husband who does it with me.
    Not been to the gym for 3 months but walked every day and have lost an inch from my thighs and they are not as flabby.

6. Samprand

Samprand WILL do it!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    havent been doing it for very long, just a few days so far but im already finding it easier to walk up hills, theres a huge one at the end of my road and i used to think i was dieing when i walked up it, i was so out of breath but feel much better about it already :) 30 mins is good, i take my dog out with me hes got so much energy so i walk further, at the end of it im knackered but he still wants to play when we get home. Have done ok today had jacket potatoes for lunch and have just done a 20 min workout, might do another one when my face has stopped being red lol

kindleuser - how long did it take u to walk the 10,000? Apparantly thats how many steps we're meant to take each day, i worked out one of my walks the other day should have been about 7500 steps and it took me 1 and a half hours lol Well done on the inchloss - impressive!

7. willsucceed

willsucceed Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    eating less and exercising more
    i have just started walking to loose weight in the last 2 weeks. at first it was quite hard but now i find it easier. i go everyday anywhere from at least an hour to sometimes 2 hours. mostly its an hour and 20 mins.at first i found it a chore but once i got some music to listen to i was ok.i have now stared to do a bit of jogging as well. only in about 30 second bursts as i cant do much more but hopefully i can build it up.
    hope your walking is going well.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.