Walking the weightloss journey!

Vastaux

Not sure which people use hear but i mainly track myself in pounds but have put the stone equivelant in brackets :).

Just stumbled upond this forum and first thing i searched for was the "A LOT of weight to lose" catergory as well... I have! I started my journey at 406 lbs (29st), the digital scales that weight larger weights stopped at 29 stone so i could of been more but that is what i start from, lost about a stone and a half over a period of a couple of months and then stopped doing it, weighed myself sporadically over the course of the next few months and went up and down but luckily i never went back to my highest.

Then comes May 2012, this is when i really feel my weightloss journey began, i hit the scales at 386 lb (27.5st) and just started randomely one day, got myself a calorie counting App on my phone and threw all the bad stuff in my flat out and just started to attain 2000 calories a day which is alot less than the 3700 i was recommened, lost almost 11lb in a week... obviously water weight and continued on losing progressively untill November 2012 when i weighed in at 284 lbs (20.3st) it took a while and i plateud just above the 280 (20st) mark but finally broke through that after i hit it hard again after christmas, went down to 275 (19.6st) and well have sort of sat there since January, i've lost the mindset and keep gaining and losing but can't seem to shift anymore.

I know what i have to do! it's just doing it, luckily as i still count calories even though i know i'm overdoing it i am able to maintain my weight quite effectively, so i figured i'd seek out "Help" as it were, hopefully gain inspiration and push myself back onto the decline i was on. My goal is to lose the rest of my weight by my 23rd Birthday, March 2014, so i have a year exactly to lose my remaining 70lbs (5st) to get me to 205 lbs (14.7st) as then i will be at the top of the "normal" range on bmi.

Thanks for reading :). It's nice to be able to tell people what i've acheived and what i plan to acheive, i have Social anxiety so the only people that know about my weightloss are people who ask about it, must admit it's nice when people notice!

But yea, look forward to speaking with you all and reading your stories and being with you along our journeys!

Just incase anyone wants the low-down:

Height: 6" 4
Start weight: 406 (29)
Current weight: 276 (19.7)
Goal Weight: 205(14.7)

Hi Vastaux and welcome

I'm fairly new here too, and things go a bit quiet on the weekend - but there will soon be lots of people along to encourage you, provide tips and wish you well, as they have done for me :)

I think you are amazing, that is a brilliant weight loss so far! You are so going to succeed in getting to your goal weight :D

I'm doing calorie counting too, on between 1000-1600 - some days I'm just not hungry, other days (like yesterday) I could eat the entire contents of the fridge. I've only just started on my WL journey but already I can tell it's important not to force myself on those non hungry days; and for the hungry days (grrr to totm and all its cravings!) I have lots of low cal soups and stews on standby :) Plus I allow myself a biscuit or two, or a piece of toast when I want it - am liking Warburton's wholemeal at the moment - thin slice but more taste than the other 'diet' stuff out there.

I'd really love to hear your tips!

All the best

Susie

Welcome :) :) :)
Well done on your loss so far, its fantastic!
Good luck on getting down to your goal.
I am new too and find this forum lovely.

Hi Vastaux

hi sweet wow well done you are doing great and looking forward to finding out more about you take your shoes off grab a seat and enjoy the ride to the new you it might be a long one but its going to be a fun one

chezzxx

Well done! And welcome to the forums!

Back