Wannabslim - watchin' the lbs melt away!

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi guys,

Have decided to start a diary on here although my main one is on "Gold Members". I'm starting taking Xenical (Orlistat) tomorrow and am nervous but excited.

Am looking forward to updating with my food choices etc.

xx

Thanks hun, well it's my first day on Xenical and I've started as I mean to go on... weighing and measuring the food I eat to ensure I don't over or under estimate what I'm eating (as I know that in the past this may have been my downfall and I don't want any nasty side effects from getting it wrong now!)

I have just had "brunch" and am stuffed. Stopped off at Sainsburys to pick up my prescription yesterday and used the opportunity to do a little "low fat" shopping, so I was equipped for this morning.

I'm aiming for around 1200 cals with 1500 as the upper limit per day, with the idea that breakfast and dinner will be my bigger meals and therefore around 500 cals each. The rest would be lunch or low fat snacks.

My brunch this morning was:
Bran Flakes (50g worth =1g fat and 163 kcals)
Skimmed Milk (100mls worth = 0.1g fat and 35kcals. Didnt eat it all)
Raisins (25g worth = 0.1g fat and 72kcals)

Muller Rice vanilla custard (190g = 4.75g fat and 210 kcals)

Total fat for brunch: 5.95g
Total kcals: 480

I probably won't have lunch as my brunch will keep me going, although I may have a snack mid-afternoon to see me through until dinner, which I'll probably take what would be my lunchtime pill with. As I said, I feel stuffed and the muller rice after my cereal gave me a sense of pleasure at being able to eat it without feeling guilty!

I'll be back later to update! xx

Hi again!

So for my mid-afternoon snack I had
2x crumpets (0.6g fat and 150kcals)
spread with honey - 1tsp (0.1g fat and 46kcals)
mullerlight yoghurt (0.8g fat and 88kcals)

Total fat: 1.5g
Total kcals:284

Evening meal was a Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself ready meal:

Tomato and basil chicken which is served with rosemary roasted baby potatoes (per pack 6.8g fat, 315kcals).

Going out for a few vodka and diet cokes down at the pub with my hubby now :D happy days.

Total kcals (before alcohol tonight): 1079 (expect it will be around 1300 by the time I have had my drinks(
Total fat:13.8g :D

Really pleased with that! Have been very busy today and would probably consume more on a weekday but I am happy to have got off to a good start

xx

Hiya wannabeslim, sounds to me that you are starting off on a really good day but take a tip from me, I love my glass of wine, or two ;) and not for any diet will I give them up so I have some snacks ready for the "raid my fridge" munchies when I have a glass or two, tonight it was a bag of crispy Salad with a small portion of low fat Cottage cheese, I not only enjoyed it but will feel good tomorrow knowing I have been a good girl, for once :rolleyes:

Hey hun, thanks for the tip.

We didn't end up going out, we just stayed in with a few bevvies (much cheaper and more comfortable!). I only had 2 voddies so not bad at all calorie wise (less than 150kcals) and I didn't eat anything (it's only when I get trollied that I get the munchies and that is a rarity these days!) so no probs there at all.

Got woken up by the cats earlier - darn things, although I love'em. So I'm awake earlier than desired for my "lie in morning" and trying to hold off on brekkie for a bit as if I eat too early I will need lunch early which doesn't suit my plans for today.

Am going to have my bran flakes with milk and raisins again today as they really kept me going yesterday, and am thinking of having a mugshot (the cheesy pasta one is within the rules by quite a long way which surprised me) later on. Dinner is another ready meal as I picked it up on reduced yesterday.

Will let you know later how the day has been!

xx

My mum keeps letting the cat upstairs early on weekend (because he's biting her - my cat doesn't really meow so when he wants something he bites ankles). Which means I haven't had a proper lie in a while.

Hope it all goes well on xenical for you! :)

Lol I wish ours didn't meow quite so much, although it is kinda cute but very annoying when you are trying to sleep!

So I went out after my post this morning (had the branflakes as planned) and didn't get back until 3ish this afternoon, and I then had to assemble all the bits I had bought during the day (from ikea etc).

By the time I got round to eating it was 6pm and I was starving, so I actually combined my mugshot and ready meal into one meal. Had the mugshot as a starter and it was deeeelish! I will deffo be having them for lunch this week, as it is so lovely and cheesy, and given that cheese is pretty much a no-go on xenical, and the fact that I love it, a bit of a taste of cheese flavoured sauce is a good way to curb any cravings for the fatty stuff! And at 48p it's cheap as chips!

My mugshot contained 301kcals and 6g fat (2.2g fat per 100g :D)

I then had a Be Good to Yourself ready meal which I have annoyingly thrown the packaging away from, but I know that my mugshot and meal combined where around 600kcals and 10g fat, deffo under the 15g by miles!

That, plus my brekkie of 1.2g fat and 270kcals, gives me a total today of 11.2g fat and 870kcals.

I then had some Haribo kiddiemix as I have a lot of cals left over - so had 200kcals worth and was satisfied with that, and no fat!

Ready for bed now, so chilling out with Michael McIntyre on DVD while I wait for my hubby to come back from work :) all good!

Food for today:

Brekkie: bran flakes with raisins and skimmed milk: 1.2g fat, 270kcals
Lunch: mugshot: 6g fat, 301kcals
Dinner: be good to yourself ham and roasted mushroom tagliatelle: 8.9g fat, 388kcals.

plus snack (35kcals plus 0.2g fat) see below for info

Total: 16.1g fat, 959kcals

I also had a snack today as I went shopping at Morrisons (we don't have one near us but there is one by work - until I move office at the end of the month I go every now and again between main shops to pick up things I can't get at Sainsburys), and while there I found some of there own brand healthy eating range crisps, which had less than 3% fat AND only 35kcals a packet... the fat content was 0.something which I thought was fab :D will deffo be making special trips back to Morrisons I think. They also had a whole load of other "less than 3% fat" things in the range, including sausages :D, ready meals, cold meats (although I found that the normal lean ham was just as low and cheaper) etc. that were not only low fat but also reasonable on kcals. Oh, and ice cream too :D

I discovered whilst shopping that the WW lemon slices are bizarrely low in fat too - all the other WW cakey things were too high, but the lemon slices were well within range.

I don't tend to snack much when at work but I need to have these things around and about otherwise I make bad choices, and on xenical I can't let that happen! Also at the weekend I tend to need a few odd snacks to keep me going as I stay up later and go longer between meals usually).

I have flagged up a lack of fresh fruit and veg in my diet and am going to make a real effort to eat more of them... watch this space!

looks like it's going really well so far! I'd agree on the fruit and veg front though, you have plenty of calories to play with, so you could easily increase your fruit and veg without compromising on anything else.
I tend to bulk up my ready meals with plenty of veg - I'd like to say it's for health reasons, but truthfully it's just because I'm greedy and a low-fat ready meal wouldn't fill me up on its own! ;)

I didn't know about those crisps in Morrisons, despite shopping there for years before I started t'internet shopping! I'll have to look out for those next time I pop down there!

Evening :)

I've tried a few different food choices today - it's been a manic day so did my best!

Brekkie:
Morrisons cheese muffin: 3.1g fat, 177kcals
Spread with extra light laughing cow triangle: 0.3g fat, 20kcals
And a piece of ham:0.4g fat, 12kcals.

Total fat: 3.8g
Total kcals:209

I consumed plentiful grapes - a big bunch during the day instead of snacking on junk, maybe 200kcals worth tops.

Lunch (in between meetings, had to pick something up from Lidl on the run):
I had 2 pittas: 1.2g fat, 280kcals (total)
With 4 slices wafer thin roast chicken: 0.4g fat, 33kcals (total)

Total fat: 1.8g
Total kcals: 313

Dinner:
Morrisons "eat smart" lasagne: 10.8g fat, 371kcals
Morrisions microchips (90g of): 3.4g fat, 138kcals
Salad - not even counting as just plain green!

Total fat: 14.2g
Total kcals: 509

Total fat for the day:19.8
Total kcals: 1231 (worst case scenario, maybe less as didnt weigh grapes).

So a good day today, I would rather have had something else for lunch but as I was out in the community I was limited to what I could buy in the shop that didn't require any prep!

x

Brekkie:
Morrisons cheese muffin: 3.1g fat, 177kcals
Spread with extra light laughing cow triangle: 0.3g fat, 20kcals
And a piece of ham:0.4g fat, 12kcals.

Total fat: 3.8g
Total kcals: 209

Lunch:
Heinz Sausage & Veg Big Soup -512g: 3.6g fat, 211kcals
Polished off the rest of my grapes from yesterday!

Total fat: 3.6g
Total kcals: 211 + grape content (unknown)

Dinner:

Morrisons health range Macaroni and Cheese: 9g fat, 467kcals
1 pitta bread (to mop up the sauce!): 0.6g fat, 140kcals
Salad
2 Pink'n'whites jammy: 0.2g fat, 110kcals

Total fat: 9.8g
Total kcals: 617

Snacks: handful of marshmallows (let's say 300kcals?)

Food total fat for day: 17.2g
Food total kcals for day: 1337

Could have done without the marshmallows but I wanted them!

The good thing about marshmallows is that they have little/no fat

The bad thing about marshmallows is that they're full of sugar

Gah!

Gah indeed :( tis rubbish! I'm afraid I can't be bothered with the itemised fat contents anymore now that I'm getting the hang of this, so will just list what I've eaten from now on. I have been counting fat content per meal and in individual foods but just not writing these down.

So today I had a muffin with marmite for breakfast. Lunch was a mugshot (tomato today, was less fat than the cheese one and yummy too!) with an apple, a WW lemon slice (0.5g fat) and a packet of Morrisons low fat crisps (0.6g fat in a pack). Dinner was pasta with a homemade tomato sauce from tinned tomatoes and *literally* 3 meatballs... I enjoyed every mouthful and it still only came in at 6g fat and less than 500kcals! Should have done a salad with it if I'd thought about it but had no salad veg in the house so just had the pasta dish. Afters was a Pink'n'Whites jammie (0.5g fat and 55kcals).

Have not felt hungry at all today again which is fab! I am beginning to love Xenical...although the orange oil in the loo is a bit special :eek:

Why are you getting orange oil?:confused: If you are doing it right you shouldn't get any oil and by the look of your diary you are doing it right so I'm confused...

KB

I also get the orange oil. It's only the "excess" fat being got rid of. Nothing to worry about unless you have an "accident".

I'm sorry, but that's not strictly correct. The orange oil is the fat being got rid of, but if you can actually see it as oil in the toilet then the fat content in your diet is too high.
Sticking to the 5g/100g rule, and consuming no more than 15g fat per meal should ensure that you don't notice any difference in your bowel movements.

Back