Want a glass of wine so bad.......

thinfor30!

I can't believe I made it through a night out only for my mum to turn up with A CASE of oyster bay sauvignon blanc for me! She bought me some as it was on offer and knows its my favourite. I hadn't told her I was dieting because then it would get passed on to my sisters and I'd have them on the phone every week quizzing me about my weight loss, which is a stress I can do without. I've put the bottles on the wine rack and not any in the fridge but I think they may be calling my name........

How about planning your first gala as a celebration dinner party - where you can show of your new figure while handing out (and drinking) the wine?

In the meantime - put the wine in the back of a cupboard and pile stuff in front of its, so you can't see it, and if you are tempted, getting it out will be a such a faff you won't bother.

Wine was a tough thing to part with. Upon starting Dukan I immediately went to work finding something to substitute that habit for. Here in the States I bought Perrier & added a water flavoring powder (crystal light) drank this out of wine glasses..you have no idea how much of this I went through in the beginning. For me this helped emotionally and with taste issues.

At some point it snapped in this old brain that I was concentrating on what I could not have instead of what I could have. Once we got past that it was smooth sailing as the saying goes.
Good Luck and hang in there :):):)

i used to have a month with no alcohol every year (did it for about 6 years) which i found good for health (but also kind of proved to me i wasnt an alcoholic....) i found it quite helpful as i would like to have a glass or 2 every night, and can you imagine QUITE how smug i was???

just think about how good you are going to feel at the end....

but i sooooo feel your pain - i really miss wine....

I know I just need to focus on my weight loss. I can console myself with the fact I can have a big night out with wine on 3rd September (my birthdayweekend away) then 28 September (big family wedding). Up until then and inbetween I will be abstaining and sticking to the diet to look my best for both occassions.

Isnt the first sign of being an alcoholic giving up alcohol for a month or two too prove your not ;) lol.

Thats what i was always told when i did :D

Isnt the first sign of being an alcoholic giving up alcohol for a month or two too prove your not ;) lol.

Thats what i was always told when i did :D

ohmigod - i'm an alcoholic....!!! rofl

Me too!!! Love my wine (although I normally just have a glass a few nights a week and don't go out on the lash every weekend so I hope that makes me a well behaved and in control alcie)

Back