Want me for my body, not my mind? Yippeee!! lol!

Cee

Silver Member
When was the last time you felt your body was as attractive as your mind? That was a loooong time ago for me. Now that I've lost several brain cells (I blame childbirth) It's time I sorted my body out, or I'll have nothing going for me! I've just gotten married....again.....to the same man....:rolleyes: and there are no more occassions looming for which I will be 'required' to eat, so here goes....AGAIN!!
Holiday/honeymoon (kids with us) meant a gain of only 4lbs! I was chuffed that it wasn't 8lbs. So I start at 14st and my goal in to be under 10st. Even if it's by1/4 of a lb.:)
A 4st weightloss on CD can be done in 4 months, knowing me I WON'T be 100% throughout that time so I'll be doing SS+ and I give myself till Christmas to reach my goal!
Am I the only one who keeps planning to look good for those Christmas pics that are destined for Facebook? :eek: My daughter's birthday is on Christmas day so it's doubly important.
I'm hoping to find people to take this journey with me, I'll need the support and I'm looking forward to supporting others too.
Now all I need to do is get started :eek:

Gosh you are up early! I don't know about body/mind being attractive I hadn't thought about it in that way! Hmmm.. I think my body got lost in all that child rearing, coping with life, getting settled, getting unsettled, etc and i lost the will to do anything about weight somewhere along the way.

Well done for only putting albs on over your honeymoon, I bet the kids were chugged to bit that you remarried your husband??

Good luck on your journey, i am just starting mine!

Gosh you are up early! I don't know about body/mind being attractive I hadn't thought about it in that way! Hmmm.. I think my body got lost in all that child rearing, coping with life, getting settled, getting unsettled, etc and i lost the will to do anything about weight somewhere along the way.

Well done for only putting albs on over your honeymoon, I bet the kids were chugged to bit that you remarried your husband??

Good luck on your journey, i am just starting mine!

Hiya, I fell asleep at 8.30pm and woke up at 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep. Yes! The kids are happy to have daddy back, they're only 3 and 4 anyway and don't really know anythng about what happened, or don't remember.
I'm planning on starting on Monday. How much do you have to lose? Shall we buddy up and help each other? It's time we got our bodies back isn't it? I feel like I'm imprisoned in this body, my personality is a size 10-12 :D

Aww thats so lovely that you got remarried :) good luck with your journey. Your Xmas pics will look so fab :D no untagging on fb this year haha!!

Yes love to buddy up. How do we do it? My scales say 14 .7. And I started on my scales at 15.4 (CDC scales said 15.8, first weigh in 14.10), I would love to be 12st or just under. I usually get to 13 and get complacent!

It's so boring having weight issues!

Felix said:
Aww thats so lovely that you got remarried :) good luck with your journey. Your Xmas pics will look so fab :D no untagging on fb this year haha!!

Thanks Felix! I'm looking forward to not hiding away from the cameras this year.

Tall fat and greedy said:
Yes love to buddy up. How do we do it? My scales say 14 .7. And I started on my scales at 15.4 (CDC scales said 15.8, first weigh in 14.10), I would love to be 12st or just under. I usually get to 13 and get complacent!

It's so boring having weight issues!

Wow! Great week 1 weigh in. I'm doing it on my own for a couple of weeks as I have left over packs. I'll get back to my CC after the first 2 weeks.
All we need to do is support each other really and motivate. It's easier doing this with someone else. I'm 14st on my scales. I want to get down to 9st 12 by Christmas. I'm 5'6" . I usually get fed up after 1 week, if I can last that long. If I could really stick to SS I'd be at my goal weight by end of Oct, but I know I won't be able to be 100% so I've set a reasonable timescale for myself.
So, what day is your WI? I'm making mine Mondays. Not looking forward to days 1-3 but it's gotta be done.
Weight issues are definitely boring, my OH says my weight and diets are all I ever talk about.

I'm looking forward to starting my journey again tomorrow. I'm prepared for all the sabotaging attempts that will be made by my alter ego and I have my battle gear on. I am determined not to let the usual excuses ruin it this time.
I'm not going to give up if I have a bad day and give in to food.
I'm not going to feel sorry for myself because I can't eat what everybody else is eating.
I'm not going to dwell on how many days of CD I still have ahead of me, but how many days I have successfully completed, and congratulate myself at the end of every single one.
I'm not going to forget WHY I'm doing this, and what I'm hoping to achieve, not just for my body but for my whole life. I'm sick and tired of not having the life I want because I'm too down about how I look.
So, I'm looking forward to tomorrow and my first week on CD, to the weakness, the headaches, the hunger, the bad breath.....well, maybe not the bad breath.....:eek:

Ok you sound ready for lift off! I am weighing in tomorrow too,so Monday we be our big day ! Or not so big over time..

It's not been a good day today and I don't want to dwell on it, but am now concentrating on my water for the rest of evening.

Good luck tomorrow and I will post in the evening to let you know how i get on too..

Right! I just got the feeling that I might be pregnant!!!!! I used a preg test I've had for ages and it's expired! It's come up positive. I'm about to go and get another one. I've been holding back tears all morning so as not to upset the kids but I've just dropped them off in nursery I'm gonna get another test from telco straight away! If it's positive, in going to cry my eyes out for an hour as I imagine how much fatter I'm going to get. I already hate how fat I am, and I'll be putting on an extra 3 stones on this!!??? Please No!

Oh Cee, I dont know if you are upset as you don't want to be pregnant or because of the possible weight gain. Get another test and get that result first, sometimes fate just conspires against us! Don't panic let's deal with this one step at a time xxxx

Thank you hun, I took another test and it's negative. I'm not gonna get too excited because my totm is not till Sunday. The test was a Tesco cheapie one and I didn't use my first morning's pee. With my previous pregnancies i had symptoms from the week before my totm was due to start. I am not getting the same symptoms as I usually do but I'm having light cramping.
There are two issues that are making me upset. Firstly, the weight issue. I can't imagine being heavier than this. I won't be able to live with myself and I'm already looking to do SW if it turns out that I AM pregnant. Secondly, I wasn't yet completely sure I wanted to have another baby yet. I was still thinking I could wait till I'm at goal weight before I start thinking about another child.
I dunno whether to wait & see if my period starts or get a preg test again for tomorrow. If I wait, that's a week wasted when I could be doing CD & losing weight Sigh!
I know you're right about taking it one step at a time nut I don't know what step to start with. Sorry about the moaning. I need a slap I think xx

You don't need slap! Just must have been a terrible shock. If you are worrying I would probably go and get another test, don't they usually come in a pair? Too long since I last took one to know! Haha, my two are 17 and 15 and two years ago I had everything removed! Hurrah! It's good that you have a back up plan if needed, but don't jump the gun, it could all be a big scare.

Like you I am sick of not living the life i want to lead because of my weight, sick of being fat, sick of overeating, especially as I feel so much better when I am in control, tired of being sweaty and lugging so much extra weight around on my body which is starting to complain (bad back and bad knee, that I know won't be taken seriously until I loose weight)

About to go for my weigh in so I will stop now, let me know what you decide on a retest or not?

I decided to stop panicking and wait till tomorrow to buy another one, then I thought I might as well wait for my totm. I'm usually a day or two early so I just need to be patient for another week, and if nothing shows then I can resume the panic. I'm going to try to do SW red days or low carb until I know. I've realised that I don't have a strict deadline for my goal weight so 1 week won't make too much of a difference.
After all that I've just said, i wouldn't be surprised if I bundled the kids in the car first thing in the morning to go to Tesco and get another test as hubby is away with work. I told him and he seems pretty pleased about it, or with himself :rolleyes: and was telling me not to worry about the weight. That was reassuring, but I know my self esteem will take a huge knock when I see the weight coming on.
Anyway, enough about me, how're you getting on? What did you weigh this morning?

Why do men always think it was only them that makes a baby! At least he is happy, and obviously loves you whatever your weight, I wonder how long you will last before you buy another kit! Haha

Well I saw my CDC! Who has dodgy scales I have decided! Last week her and my scales matched, this week she dragged them out from under her sideboard and my weight was, 14.10, I said no way having weighted myself at home, tried again 14.9, and again 15.1! horrified I said I don't think this is working so we agreed to go on the weight from my scales, 14.7. Bit of a balls up really??

Hope you sleep ok, just go no carb and you will be fine

Can't sleep. My head is too busy! I'm going to try not to pee tomorrow morning and go to Tesco with the girls and get the expensive test that can detect it as early as a week before you're due. I hate this suspense and I want to start CD NOW!! I'll let you know what happens.
Your CDC needs to get a new scale methinks, or is it the flooring? Hmm! I can imagine how upsetting that couldn't been if you hadn't checked at home first. So what was your loss this week? How much have you lost in total? Are you still feeling motivated or starting to get bored with it?
By the way, thanks for being here for me with all this drama! You have no idea how helpful you've been. xxx

Did you do it? I can just see you popping the other two in the car seats and rushing in just to get the test!

I think have lost a stone and one and a half pounds.

Let me know I am itching to find out..

Hiya.
I was so tired when we got up that I made the girls breakfast on my bed so I could stay in bed. Then I fell asleep again as they were watching tv. I did eventually get the test and just did it. It's clearly NEGATIVE. Phew!!!! Lol! I know it's early and it's the cheapie one but I got positives on my first two the week before Totm was due and with cheap Wilko ones. I'm almost sure this is right and I'm happy enough to wait till my totm now.
Problem now is my resolve to do CD has diminished. I had pizza last night and today I'm feeling very uninterested in any diet. I'm just tired and sleepy. HELP!!!

Come on see, put it Behind you and find your resolve again! You have had a trauma and like all of us have turned back to food for comfort, reassurance, reward, but can stop now and put all the stress in perspective and remember what you were planning and thinking Before all this happened, read back through the posts!

C'mon buddy!!

I've just done as you said and read back through the posts. I'm going to try to get that resolve back and start tomorrow. Today I bought some stuff that I would eat, nothing seriously bad, some coleslaw, some cherries...I love cherries. I'm going to eat ALL the cherries tonight and get back on it tomorrow. I will at least try to get through day 1, and just take it one day at a time. Thanks for helping me get some sense back.
I was looking through some of my friend's pics on FB and felt miserable at how much fun they are having, how good they look, the lovely clothes that fit nicely and the confidence in their body language. I just sit here and mope about how fat I am and never have the staying power to get myself back to where I used to be. I want to lose this weight, look good again, and go out with my friends every now and then! I have to sort myself out so I can stop hiding myself away.
I'm not only going to start tomorrow, but I'm going to complete it 100%! There I said it!! And I'll do it!!
See you in ketosis TF&G xxx

Back