want my very own thread

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Dancing, 27 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thanks Liz for letting me know.

Whoop whoop. So blooming pleased this is here and in celebration I shall have a berry sparkling water, followed by another!

Day 3 for me. Once the clock chimes midnight (while I'm at work) I will mark off my very first mini milestone.

How motivating is it just to have this area? !

Very!!!
    :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Good to have you here dancing x

4. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

Hi dancing. I'm back and on day 1. so far so good. liking this thread too. good luck for getting throught the night. I too am on nights all w/e. thank god for tetras

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ohh yes, I've found that if I wrap my frozen tetra in a sheet of newspaper and put it in the fridge at work (no freezer) it stays frozen much longer - that way I don't feel I have to eat it before I'm ready for it.

So, I'll have a frozen tetra and coffees with tetra in and that will keep me going.

Do you do long shifts? Can't remember. I've only got an 8 hour shift tonight but do 12 hours on Sat and Sun nights.

Good luck with getting through until in ketosis and then getting to the end of week one
    xx

6. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I will raise a glass of my finest still tap water to you at midnight! Oh heck, I'll push the boat out and make it an espresso!

x

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thank you.

8. LoveLea

LoveLea First Goal Under 20st!

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    23st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Dancing !!! Did u say you do night shifts??
    I am sooo confused about how to stagger my shakes on nights especially the first night im on nights tonight , sat and sun.
    How do you do it??
    Lea xx

9. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    You're very welcome. I knew how eager you were to get this up and running.
    I must be very sad (lol) but this forum has really lifted my spirits.:D

10. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    My spirits are lifted also! I'm so pleased we now have this forum! I feel so motivated knowing it's here!

Day 1 is going well so far. Have a coffee with choc tetra on the go, and more water. I really must try and drink more water, I am rubbish at it!

11. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

Thanks Dancing for your support. I work 10 hour shifts. Work in a residential unit for adolescents so pretty much on the go at beginning of night, then fingers crossed they give up and go to bed !!So far have only had one pack and it's nearly 3pm. Try to save them up for later.
    Ok coffee with tetra. Is this a cup of black coffee and add tetra?. Also how do you eat frozen. do you split open the pack or wait until slushpuppyish (just made a new word) !!

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Me too. bizarre that something like this can have such an impact on how we feel.

I tend to drink the water to stop me from eating

13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I'm on four packs a day which makes it much easier.

I leave the first one as long as possible and then only have half a pack, with frozen ice and some water flavouring added (I use a vanilla pack). I love this - it is like a spider/icecream soda/coke float (whatever you call it here) without the icecream.

I then have a full pack just before leaving for work (8pm ish).

I then have another at about 10.30/11.00pm.

That leaves me 1 and half packs. I use tetras in decaf coffee throughout the night as that really helps me psychologically.

And half a pack when ever I feel I need it.

I basically have my packs throughout the night instead of through the day. Sometimes, if necessary I'll have a bouillon drink (I don't consider the bouillon drink off plan as it is just a cheaper version of the savoury drink).

I can see that it would be more of a challenge if I had only three packs. But it is only an emotional/psychological challenge (ONLY!? is there a more difficult one I ask myself).

You just have to find what works for you. I recommend at least having tetra choc in your coffees as it feels like a shake but you only need use a quarter of a tetra per coffee (I use a third as I have a HUGE coffee mug)

14. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Yep black coffee and add some tetra to it. It smells lovely! I can get 4 coffees from 1 tetra too, unless I'm being generous or using a huge mug.

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

As sarette says. Rel the frozen tetra - everyone appears to have their own little ritual (will mention no names). Some fold back the flaps prior to freezing, some freeze in carton and then cut out into a bowl, some put into a bowl and freeze it. I take the easy route. I freeze it in the carton and then cut off the top and eat it with a spoon direct from the carton. Re the amount of time it should be left before eating it. If you tried to eat it as a solid block it would take forever, bend the spoon and not be as enjoyable as if you let it soften a little. Some say an hour. I just go by feel. When it starts to give a little if I firmly press it, that is when I eat it. Sometimes I miss this stage and it has some liquid along with the lovely squidy frozen bit - I happily eat it at that stage too. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.

Enjoy!!!

16. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hey dancing, just stopping by will be keeping and eye come midnight tonight. im on day 4 cant wait till 1st week is over!!

17. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

only 3 days to go for you becky

Right I must go get a life and will log on again once I'm at work

Have a good friday evening everyone (well, as good as you can - watch eastenders and big brother or something)
    x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.