Want to be preg soon but iis lt safe until i do??

latebloomer

Hoping to get pregnant soon - is lt safe until i do?
Hi all. Last week I found out I was expecting and was SO excited but a few days later I had an early miscarriage and we are devastated. However, I was thinking this mite give me the opportunity to lose some more weight and hopefully have a healthier pregnancy next time. I am currently 210 lbs (15st) and have already lost almost 2 1/2 st since jan at slimming world. Would like to be below 14 before getting preg again but want to get preg asap ao thought I wud do LT to get weight off in quickest way poss. Do u think this is safe before getting preg? Or if I conceived while on it? Would appreciate some help / advice with this. Thanks x​

They advise that you don't get pregnant until you have finished and are eating normally for 3 months. I got pregnant not long after coming off it a few years ago and had an early miscarriage too. Be careful and consider it wisely x

Hiccup - thank you so much for helping me decide to stick with slimming world as its probably wisest if hoping to get pregnant. I really appreciate your help xx

I got pregnant within a week or so of coming off lipotrim after having been told I would never conceive and if I went with IVF I wouldn't carry to term. I didn't miscarry this time but had a very difficult pregnancy though it is now thought to be because my son was born with heart defects but I did find out after he was born the heart problems run in my family and I even have my own that no one had previously picked up so it is likely to be genetic. For me, they think the huge drop in weight alongside some hormones they were testing at the time would have been the only way I could conceive.

Apparently you get super fertile on lipotrim or so my chemist has told me, I dont know if that will effect any decisions

This is interesting because I want to try and conceive at the end of this year. Iv been told I don't ovulate so need Clomid but the hospital won't give it to me until I lose atleast 3 stone. We don't prevent at all and the chemist never asked me if we were ttc.

Hi all :)
I had been with my boyfriend two years and after about 9 months we weren't very careful at all, nothing happened for almost two years-we weren't actually trying more a if it happens it happens-
I started Lipotrim and three or four weeks but felt funny then and came off, the following week i found out i was pregnant! Obviously i came off it straight away and now have a beautiful healthy little girl who turned one yesterday :)
Lipotrim definitely makes you more fertile so be extra careful those of you who don't want to get pregnant and for those who do i would think you just need to watch out that you find out you are pregnant as soon as possible!

This is interesting because I want to try and conceive at the end of this year. Iv been told I don't ovulate so need Clomid but the hospital won't give it to me until I lose atleast 3 stone. We don't prevent at all and the chemist never asked me if we were ttc.

You may not need the clomid at all, I don't ovulate, well I do but the eggs get pushed to the outside of my ovaries well before they mature, I'd had Clomid a few times but still didn't ovulate, 2 cycles of IVF and still nothing. However apparently large amounts of fat create their own hormones similar to how some contraceptive pills work so it prevents pregnancy, a big fast weight drop stops those hormones so you get an ovulation while your medical conditions try to catch up again. The other thing that increases fertility after the weight drop is not something most people will try because it sort of defeats the object I guess but going with a new partner means you are much more likely to conceive, I think Mother Nature is just trying to enforce Murphy's Law!! :)

Hope that makes sense, my endocrinologist is far better at explaining it than me!!

Wow that's good to know. I have a 7 year old already. I'm not with her dad anymore but when we decided to try for her, I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks later so no trouble at all! We then tried for baby number 2 but nothing happened for 2 years. I'm glad now because we split up and I wouldn't have wanted to drag a baby thru that but now I'v been with my new partner for 2 years and he would love a child of his own even tho he loves the bones off my daughter. The hospital told me my daughter was a fluke and to just lose weight. It would be the icing on the cake if I could lose weight and then conceive without needing clomid :)

Aw that's so exciting hun! Such great incentive for you too :)

The best incentive ever :) iv had my pram picked out for over a year now! Haha

Awww! Babies are amazing! Id love another but two under two would be hard work plus i want to lose weight first. I was very lucky to have had such a healthy pregnancy considering i was almost 18st when i got pregnant :( was never as healthy in my life though as while preg and gained no weight, if only i could have adapted that lifestyle before and after!x

It's mad you should say that because I was so healthy when I was pregnant and I actually lost 2 stone because I was eating right and not drinking. Lol x

Oh that's amazing!! :O
So excited about getting healthy and planning baby number two! How long do you plan on doing LT for?

I can't wait! I plan on stayin on LT until mid September at the latest. If I lose enough, quickly then I may not need it that long but I'm not sure how big my losses are going to be. We're going to Majorca in October so will be coming off for that :)

Aw brilliant, Im going away for a week in September so really determined to stay focused until then at least!

It definitely helps I have something like that to keep you focussed :)

Back