Want To Go Zumba classes but a bit nervous

Citystar

I really wanna go to some classes but I am feeling really nervous as I dont know what to expect. Can someone let me know.

I know its abit silly to be feeling lo i just think the class will be full of skinny people and i'll stick out.

Citystar said:
I really wanna go to some classes but I am feeling really nervous as I dont know what to expect. Can someone let me know.

I know its abit silly to be feeling lo i just think the class will be full of skinny people and i'll stick out.

Well I'm 26 and I go to zumba its the only class I've ever truly enjoyed you get all ages shapes and sizes of women and the odd man at my local classes its a fantastic workout and I always have a laugh with the girls (we have even done the routines on night's out lol) when I started zumba I was almost 3 stone heavier than I am now and still felt happy shaking my shimmy go for it I think it will be fab

Alot of people have said its a class they enjoy. I'm bitting the bullet and going tomorrow morning. I will let you know howit went catherine, are you part of a gym?

Woo! Go Citystar! Welcome to the Zumba Fitness party!
:party0049:

Well done for giving Zumba a try. The worst that can possibly happen is you won't like it and don't want to keep doing it but I don't know how anyone can not love it. I myself started in January of this year and am now a qualified Zumba instructor. When I started I had the same concerns about being the class fatty but when I got to class I saw plenty of bigger people. I'll be honest, there were more skinnies than not but I personally felt okay as long as I wasn't the only jiggly one.

The classes I took were in a gym and I think that would mean the class would have more regular gym goers and therefore have more slim girls in it than classes at a community centre but in either case Zumba is for everyone. Anyone who has the time to look around them and have any kind of problem with the fact that someone there is a size 16 or more has a real problem and I would hate to go through life as such a self-righteous, condescending person. Life is for everyone. Zumba is for everyone.

Important to remember with Zumba, and I'm sure your instructor will inform you of this too, is to take it at your own pace. You know your own body better than anyone else so if your body is telling you to slow things down then do so, don't worry about "keeping up", most of the people there will have been doing it for a while. They were the exact same when they started. Also don't worry about getting the moves perfectly right, Zumba is supposed to be fun and easy, it's not about learning a skill, it's about moving and having fun. After your very first class you might feel like you'll never get to know all the moves, I know I felt like that after my first class, but if you keep it up you'll be following along like you've been doing it all your life. If you feel like you're the only one in the class who doesn't know the moves it's probably just because they are used to them and you will be too one day.

Do let us know how you get on and whether the world has another Zumba-holic in it.

I just bought 10 sessions on group-on going to start next week

Back