Want to try again!

Maz2305

Hi everyone,
I received my first 28 day supply last Friday with the hope of starting on the Monday.
Monday morning I started with a vanilla shake which I found extremely difficult to keep down (sorry tmi) and then for lunch I had a strawberry shake which I found the same thing happened.
I had been reading so many posts about what the shakes were like that I assumed I would like them too :(
I feel dreadful as I just couldn't stomach the thought of having my chocolate shake for dinner so - I GAVE UP ;-( I'm such an idiot!!
I was hoping some of you lovely people might have some tips of what I can do to make them a bit easier to stomach, please??

Also after I had the second shake I became extremely cold (so cold I had a thick jumper on outside in the 27 degree sunshine) is that normal?

Thank you in advance for a replies x

Did you get any of the meals? You might find them a good alternative. Personally I'm not a huge shake fan. Although this time I have ordered some choc mint ones (weren't available when I did this before - hope I like them) which I intend to make as a hot choccie drink using a hand blender. I know some people also blend ice with their shakes. You can also add cooffee.

You also might want to think of the packs as medicine rather than food.

Oh - and on the cold thing - once you're in ketosis (which does happen quickly for some fortunate people) you may well be cold. It's because your body is saving the calories it has for heating the important bits (generally your organs) and not the extra bits like arms and legs. Also, if you are aiming to lose a lot of weight you'll find yourself a lot colder at the end than you used to be due to the reduced insullation.

Thank you for your reply weasey!
I was trying to avoid using coffee as I've read that it can effect ketosis but I might have to try it in the vanilla shake.
can I add more water to the shakes? I made the vanilla up with what it said on the pack but it was far to thick for me and I think that might have been why it was so hard to stomach!
When I do my next order I'm planning on getting the taster pack so I can try a few different things, I just assumed that I would like the vanilla, strawberry and chocolate shakes because there my favourite (proper) shake flavours!
thank you for your advice, I will give anything a go lol
Maria x

Hi ya I add 300ml of water to the shakes plus some ice and whizz it in a blender to make a lovely thick shake.
Can use decaf coffee - I use that as caffeine gives me migraines.
Try them hot - but again blend it as it makes it yummy and frothy.
Could always try the mix a mousse to make the shake into a mousse. (But drink more water if going to do this).
There's lots of other things people do if you look at the recipe thread on this forum!

Good luck - I hope you find a way to make it work for you xx

I've never had a problem with coffee but if you're worried you could always try a decaf version. You can add as much water as you like to the shakes. You could also try hot mint choc with your chocolate pack by making a mint tea and then using it as the liquid in your choc shake and using a hand blender to mix. Never try to use the shaker with hot water as it will explode everywhere...

Thank you Sammy33 for your reply think I'm going to have to invest in a blender this weekend, I think the problem I have with coffee is I am addicted to it lol but I would only be using it in that morning vanilla shake so shouldn't be to bad considering I normally drink at least 8 cups a day lol
Weasey I am really liking the idea of using mint tea in the chocolate shake mmmm sounds delicious!! Thank you for the advice about not using the shaker for hot drinks that is definitely something I would have done lol x

Maz2305 said:
Thank you Sammy33 for your reply think I'm going to have to invest in a blender this weekend, I think the problem I have with coffee is I am addicted to it lol but I would only be using it in that morning vanilla shake so shouldn't be to bad considering I normally drink at least 8 cups a day lol
Weasey I am really liking the idea of using mint tea in the chocolate shake mmmm sounds delicious!! Thank you for the advice about not using the shaker for hot drinks that is definitely something I would have done lol x

You wouldn't have been the first! One of the things you can do with the vanilla one is make it with hot coffee - then it's a kind of latte.

Back