Wanted - Baking recipes...

Valentine_N

Secret Agent
I really want to do some baking with the kids... usually I would make some ridiculously calorific sugar loaded cupcakes with loads of butter cream swirled on top and sprinkled with something sugary... but as I am (obviously) dieting I wondered if there was anything I can make that wont use all my daily and weekly points ;) Ideas welcome :) x

Found this on the Irish WW website. Think there are a few more recipes on there that you might be able to use :)

Apple and Raspberry Muffins

Raspberry-and-apple-Muffin_large.jpg

A Berry Good treat
ProPoints Value | 4
Servings | 12
Preparation Time | 10 min
Cooking Time | 20 min
Level of Difficulty | Moderate

Ingredients

Low fat cooking spray

• 225g (8 oz) self raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • A pinch of salt
  • 25g (1 oz) porridge oats
  • 100g (3 ½ oz) caster sugar
  • 150g (5 ½ oz) apple sauce
  • 3 tbsp sunflower oil
  • 175g (6 oz) low fat natural yogurt
  • 6 tbsp skimmed milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 100g (3 ½ oz) raspberries, fresh or frozen

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/ 200?C/ fan oven 180?C. Lightly grease a non stick 12 hole muffin tin with the cooking spray or simply use 12 paper cases and place in the holes in the tin.
  2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon of oats for the muffin tops, then stir the remaining oats and sugar into the flour.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the applesauce, oil, yogurt, milk and egg together, then stir in this wet mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined but still slightly lumpy. Stir in the raspberries, then spoon into the muffin tins, dividing the mixture evenly to make 12 muffins. Scatter with the reserved oats and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until risen, firm and golden brown.
  4. Cool on a wire rack.

Back