Wanting to lose the baby weight and more...

Hello everyone :) I had a beautiful baby boy almost 9 months ago and I am finding it hard to shift the bulge. I was overweight pre-pregnancy, by at least 3-4 stone and I piled around 11kg on top when I was pregnant. I am currently hovering around 103kg, down from 107kg in September 2011. I was 96kg pre-pregnancy so that is my first goal.

I want to do it for me, my son and my partner. I also have an unstable/irritable bladder caused by pregnancy/giving birth and I know losing the weight will help with that (I have declined surgery as I want more children).

Without going into too much detail I am a comfort eater. My downfall is crisps and pop. I was abused as a child and stupidly thought gaining weight would stop the abuse. 10 years on the abuse has stopped, but I find myself unable to do much about my weight.

I don't drive so I walk a lot and use public transport. I used to wear my son which helped in losing weight but I have sciatica so I've had to him back in the pram. I am not a great cook but I'm willing to learn and as of yesterday I cut out all fizzy drinks, cut my crisp consumption down to 1 small bag a day and I am restricting myself to 1-2 small glasses of wine a week.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and getting inspirtation :)

Hey chick, your post sounds similar to how mine would have done about 4 months ago. I joined slimming world when my youngest was 8 months, i didn't think I could pass it off as baby weight anymore, have always been big but it just seemed to be getting ridiculous. I also used to sling him but had to stop as was adding weight to my already loose pelvis (had severe spd in pregnancy). I also don't drive and walk everywhere or public transport if its too far for my toddler. I've lost over 2.5st so far and am looking to lose another 4 by Christmas. Anyway, good luck with sw and hope to see you around the boards.

Wow congrats on your weight loss!

I loved wearing my son, I feel really sad that I can't do it anymore :( I didn't get on with slings though, I used a wrap :)

Well I weighed myself this morning and it seems I'd lost more than I thought. I'm currently 98kg so only need to lose 2kg to get to my pre pregnancy weight!

I used to use the moby wrap.

Well done, you'll have that 2kgs off in no time.

Hiya you're story sounds like mine too, after a less than pleasant childhood I too thought eating was the answer and even though I'm so happy with my life and hubby and kids I am still unhappy with myself. I am sick of my baby weight too. My LO is now 11 months old so I have no excuse. I guess it's just time to bite the bullet and make myself proud of myself finally. I wish you all the luck in the world xx

Hellooo :)
I'm kinda in the same situation as yourself, with the fact we both have little boys around a similar age :) my son will be 10 months old in a few days time.. I know how hard it is to gain weight during pregnancy, then struggle to lose it afterwards, and as much as our little boys are worth every inch and pound we put on.. Its still so hard to deal with the changes having a baby does to your body :(

I too comfort eat.. and find its a vicious circle of feeling down & crap about myself and my weight & size, but feeling so down that I turn to junk food for comfort (for me it's chocolate and pop!) and then gaining even more weight, feeling more crappy and eating some more! :|

If you need any one to talk to, complain to or pester, then I'm always here to listen :) I wish you the best of luck! :) x

Hi Lauren! I'm glad I'm not alone in this though I suspect there's thousands of women who feel the way we do! Good luck with your weight loss too! X

Back