Wanting to start....

Fattyfattyboomboom

Silver Member
Hello all,

Well I am new to all of this and would like to say that this site has been wonderful to me. I have found out some great information and love that people are so encouraging to each other.

My situtation is this:
I have been looking into getting the gastric band done for about 6 months now, but thought I would try the cambridge diet as a last ditch effort so that I can possibly avoid surgery. I am currently about 21 stone, and can't see to many people who have been on this that were or are that size. my BMI is 51.7 /52 which is quite high. Luckily for me I am fit as a fiddle and have absolutely no health issues. I am so concerned that there are issues regarding my BMI using this programme.

For me loosing this weight is so important. I like most people feel I have tried everything. I have done diet after diet, even had a personal trainer last year which I saw 3 times a week and I did additional excercises and was also on the body chef diet, which was 1200 cals a day all pre-made/homemade food. And found that whilst I did loose weight, I felt awful and just felt that the taste of the food was no great so I would have rather have had none.

Anyway, I have been reading loads about this diet and I think it is something I could stick too as I am not (inspite of my size) a big eater. I usually only have one and occasinally two meals away. I don't drink anything a part from water. I don't smoke and I am almost ( apart from once or twice a year) t-total. My biggest fault is the moving front. I am just staying at my weight because I don't really excercise. I was getting into my excercise, but when my trainer had back surgery, I found an excuse to not do the work and then just got back out of habit and then to be honest I think I have gotten a bit depressed about my weight and just got a case of the I "can't be a**ed" syndrome. I want to know what people are doing on this diet regarding levels of excercise? It seems most people have little energy.

I am hoping to see my GP next week once I speak to a CD counselor.

For all those who have been in it for a long time and acheived your goals, I am really happy for you, and hope to join you all soon.

Thanks
J ;)

Hiya J and you have come to the right place, have a look thru the pictures and im sure you will be truely inspired, your be loosing weight in no time. Good luck xxx

Welcome to the group honey (I love your name choice by the way!:D).
There are actually quite a few people on here that have started heavier than you, although out of respect for them I obviously can't name people (have a look at some peoples signitures).
Where exercise is concerned you are ok to carry on with any exercise that you are doing now and if anything you actually feel like you have more energy whist doing CD than you did before (once you are in ketosis). I've actually got so much energy now I drive my hubby nuts buzzing around the house day and night doing thing cause I simple can't just sit there any more!:D
I think you will be suprised and delighted at what this diet can actually do for you and I'm glad you found us before went as drastic as surgery!
:welcome::welcome::party0019::welcome::welcome:

Welcome to the group honey (I love your name choice by the way!:D).
There are actually quite a few people on here that have started heavier than you, although out of respect for them I obviously can't name people (have a look at some peoples signitures).
Where exercise is concerned you are ok to carry on with any exercise that you are doing now and if anything you actually feel like you have more energy whist doing CD than you did before (once you are in ketosis). I've actually got so much energy now I drive my hubby nuts buzzing around the house day and night doing thing cause I simple can't just sit there any more!:D
I think you will be suprised and delighted at what this diet can actually do for you and I'm glad you found us before went as drastic as surgery!
:welcome::welcome::party0019::welcome::welcome:

Well thank you very much for that. It is so nice to see people are encouraging. I am looking forward to see the rewards for the hard work I will be doing. The pictures of everyone are all very inspirational...and I know with effort and work I will become the woman I know I am inside.

Thanks
J;)

p.s thanks about the name, little "in" joke regarding my 3 year old and my husband...hahaha

Forgot to say aswell, im 20 stone 6lbs so not far from you :) we can support each other of you like and theres more people who are like us with alot to loose :) we are here for each other regardless of size, weight, sex or anything else, we all have the same thing in mind and thats what we focus on:)

Forgot to say aswell, im 20 stone 6lbs so not far from you :) we can support each other of you like and theres more people who are like us with alot to loose :) we are here for each other regardless of size, weight, sex or anything else, we all have the same thing in mind and thats what we focus on:)

Wel thanks alot emma, I would really like that. At the moment I am not on any diet as such, just waiting to hear from the counselor, but I am "trying" to be good. Just making sure I drink plenty of water and only eating when I am genuinely hungry and stopping when i am full regardless of what is on my plate. I mean I lost 2 lbs yestrday...but then it could all be water. I just want to start the CD and get rolling with it. Glad to know we are about the same...at least I don't feel like such and outsider.

J

well done on the 2lbs loss thats excellent, a loss is still a loss weather it be water or fat :)

Try and cut down or out the carbs on the run up to starting the cambridge, then it wont be so hard with hunger pangs :)

Hey sweetie, welcome to the site.

When I started this diet I was (can't believe I'm admitting this! :)) 25st 11. I've managed to lose 5 stone in just over 3 months by SS'ing so I am thrilled! I understand where you are coming from because when you have as much to lose as we have it can seem such a massive mountain to climb but this will make it so much quicker it's a good way to keep motivated IYKWIM?

The fact that you are a big water drinker already will work in your favour massively because the more water you drink the better and the fact that you are not that active isn't bad either because you just do what you are used to, you dont need to excercise. All I've done is as much walking as I am used to!

Give it a go, I would recommend it to anyone and if you don't try you'll never know :) Good luck!

well done on the 2lbs loss thats excellent, a loss is still a loss weather it be water or fat :)

Try and cut down or out the carbs on the run up to starting the cambridge, then it wont be so hard with hunger pangs :)

Well thanks. Lets just hope I can lose a bit more before I start. Thanks for the tip, my husband was just saying the very thing. Luckily for me, I don't eat much in the way of carbs. My only carb downfall is tortilla chips, but I am sure I will be fine.

Thanks again,

J

Hey sweetie, welcome to the site.

When I started this diet I was (can't believe I'm admitting this! :)) 25st 11. I've managed to lose 5 stone in just over 3 months by SS'ing so I am thrilled! I understand where you are coming from because when you have as much to lose as we have it can seem such a massive mountain to climb but this will make it so much quicker it's a good way to keep motivated IYKWIM?

The fact that you are a big water drinker already will work in your favour massively because the more water you drink the better and the fact that you are not that active isn't bad either because you just do what you are used to, you dont need to excercise. All I've done is as much walking as I am used to!

Give it a go, I would recommend it to anyone and if you don't try you'll never know :) Good luck!

Holy cow...that is amazing!! Good on you!! Well it is nice to know I don't have to do any more than normal. But I am wanting to anyway. I have a nodic cross trainer in the garage which is still on the box from about a 1 and a half years ago!! LOL. So did you start on SS straight away or do you have to do 1200 first? I am not too sure how you actually start. I am still waiting to hear from the counselor so I can find out more.

Thanks again for your comments.
J

howdy howdy. i just wanted to say a big big welcome and good luck. you will find all the support you need on this site. it's grea :)

good luck with your journey hon. let us know how you get on with your cdc :D

abz xx

howdy howdy. i just wanted to say a big big welcome and good luck. you will find all the support you need on this site. it's grea :)

good luck with your journey hon. let us know how you get on with your cdc :D

abz xx

Thanks a lot. I will do. Yes, I have found that to be the case so far....it is all very encouraging!!!:)

J

awww thanks! I started SS straight away but I know some people find it easier to start low carbing in the run up to starting to help avoid the headaches and stuff some people get from carb withdrawal. If you think it would suit you better to ease yourself into SS by working down the plans then that's not a bad idea either. I personally find it easier to chuck myself in at the deep end :D but do whatever you feel would be best for you

p.s I know what you mean about the cross trainer, mine served for a long time as a rather fetching clothes horse hehe ;)

i chucked myself in at the deep end after a couple of blowout meals and man was it nasty!! i couldn't resist the final nastiness of a kebab one night and fish and chips the next. now i find ss ok because i'm no longer hungry, but be warned. the first week is difficult.

saying that, once you are through it you'll feel great and what is a week in the grand scheme of things for such fast weight loss?

abz xx

i chucked myself in at the deep end after a couple of blowout meals and man was it nasty!! i couldn't resist the final nastiness of a kebab one night and fish and chips the next. now i find ss ok because i'm no longer hungry, but be warned. the first week is difficult.

saying that, once you are through it you'll feel great and what is a week in the grand scheme of things for such fast weight loss?

abz xx

Hahaha yeah that is what I have been hearing. I am really looking forward to see what happens!! I am sure I can make it through...I have only to look at my son and that will be inspiration enough. I want to be able to have more babies...and it took me so long to have him, and seeing as I am in my early 30's now, I really don't want to hang around waiting. I was only about 3 stone lighter than I am now when I got PG with him....so....we shall see what happenes.

Well I will let you all know when I start and as this is my first time round, hopefully, well I am sure I will get through it all...and come out better on the other side.

J:D

p.s I know what you mean about the cross trainer, mine served for a long time as a rather fetching clothes horse hehe ;)

Yeah well I had intentions...we also have a york gym in the garage that was a clothes horse too for about 3 years and I got it about 10 years ago!! *LOL* Thing was I joined the gym to use the same equiptment that I had sitting at home for free...what a goof!! it will be nice to see what it looks like as it is still in the box!! :D

Hi and welcome , you will find all the help and advice u need here! this site is fantastic!!! i am also bigger than you and CD is great !! i have done 3 weeks of Lipotrim and this is my first week of CD and i am soooo glad i switched .
Wishing you all the luck in the world!!!!

Lea xxx

Back