Warning, contains reference to food....

SandraB

Gold Member
OMG, just picked up a couple of boxes of mince pies on special offer from M&S as the OH loves them. As I now look at the carb content of everything I buy in preparation for life as the thinner me, I turned over the box and could not believe that each little, tiny, insignificant, bloody pie that, let's be honest here, you could scoff in seconds, contained the following....

255 calories
39.3 grams of carbohydrate
9.4 grams of fat, of which 4.3 is saturated

I don't know which of the above shocked me the most!

Paul, the OH will, of course, be totally oblivious to all of this....bless him x

Just though that you should know!

Think we are all starting to examine the ingredients closely and its crazy to see how much fat everything contains, especially when you think of how long it would take you to exercise it all off again. My friend said the other day how many chocolate digestives is too many. When I looked it up they were something like 80cals per biscuit and its so easy to just keep popping them in your mouth with a cup of tea till theyre all gone. It's no wonder I was fat!!!
In this new slim life I am going to have to be careful about what I eat. Hoping I don't get too many sweet cravings once I start to eat again!
Emma x

I know! you'd have to run for hours to burn off a packet of hob-nobs and who hasn't eaten a whole packet over the course of a day before? hands up!

Something else that I looked at...I usually pick up a packet of 'I can't believe it's not butter' then saw that the supermarket had a 'light' version, unbelievably though the so-called light version has less overall calories than the regular it has loads more carbs, can't remember how many but certainly enough to make you think twice. I used to think that all calories were equal but that most certainly isn't the case!:confused:

yeah its so confusing !! all these labels!! Why dont they just say either 'yes you can eat me' or ' No, chubs put me down'??? lol

Love it Daisy! would make life soooo mcuch easier wouldn't it! How about if the aisles could see you and when you took something off the shelf that you shouldn't be eating it told you off! I used to have a little plastic pink pig that you could put in the biscuit tin that did that!

Oooooo that's even better! X

yeah its so confusing !! all these labels!! Why dont they just say either 'yes you can eat me' or ' No, chubs put me down'??? lol

LOL! that would make life so much easier. I think im often well aware of calories in things but i choose to ignore them, not any more noooo way. i dont think ill dare once ive battled with this diet, the thought of having to start again will haunt me! x

Back