Warning : Rant Ahead

clairem87

cos i need this xxx
edited cos I'm embarrassed by rant!

Last edited:
We all need a rant. S&S is amazing. It's not easy at first so please dont give up. We all have blips but when u see the pounds falling off u will keep going xx

You CAN do it. You ARE worth it! I hear you, I do know what you are saying. Every single word is so true, I once could have written that myself. Took me 2.5 years, every single day (even today I've eaten two bars of chocolate) is a struggle.
The carb thing and sugar thing is such a strong addiction, we are all addicted to food. Yeah eat less, move more ...... Yep that's right but it's like saying to a smoker .... just don't light up, or saying to an alcoholic ... Just don't pour a glass. There's addiction classes for people who drink too much and help lines for people who smoke ..... Yet what mental help is there for people who eat ----- none! Nothing at all, zilch unless you go to slimming world or something but the classes are hardly addiction classes they give you the same talks about eating this and that. They are great if you 'get it' but if you don't well, you know the story.

You are here, now and you have shared ..... Tomorrow is a new day - wake up have a shake. Every time you walk into the kitchen drink something ...... Then come and vent on here. First few days suck, but you have us here, your online mentors and we all know about the daily struggles too. Think today is the last day I weigh Xlbs and you never want to be that weight again tomorrow you will be less .... Don't think about the big amount you want to lose just take it pound by pound.

Good luck and please don't ever give up on yourself, you really deserve so much, and your kid needs you to be a happy mummy.

i guess - having one of those mega down days! i feel like i need someone to babysit me thorugh the first week and stop me being a big FAT failure!!
thanks chick xxx

I can really relate to your points about yoyo-ing. You can feel like you just have to press 'destruct' when things are going good. Don't give up! You CAN do this. The set backs can just make you stronger. Some people battle for years nd years, then suddenly it all falls into place. Keep trying. You WILL succeed.

Ive been on every diet programme known to man. Some of them as many as 10 join ups, then after a little time I quit. I've gotten to goal weight TWICE and put it all on again. I'm back now and totally determined to not just lose the weight but to keep it off forever. I've totally given up in the past in despair, BUT I'm here, and I'm going to do this. So can you!...so you go girl!!! X

We can babysit you through your first week.

Hang in there. Get your first week out the way and see how you feel then.

The trick is in keeping going, not in being perfect. :)

clairem87 said:
i guess - having one of those mega down days! i feel like i need someone to babysit me thorugh the first week and stop me being a big FAT failure!!
thanks chick xxx

You take it a day at a time, if that's too big a chunk take it a morning then an afternoon, if that's to big, an hour at a time, or every 1/2 hour check it off on a calendar or a spread sheet. Keeps the hand and mind occupied?
I still have a countdown on my outlook calendar, it tells me how long I have to go!

Someone else had 2glass jars and took the marbles out of one and put into the other on every pound lost or something..

On the first day, make a collage of all the most motivating statements and photos and reasons for doing this. Take a photo and put it on your phone as a screen saver. Stick original to the fridge!
Deezer has some cracking motivational statements that you could look at to get some ideas
Put up people that inspire you and also clothing you want to get into.

For every 1/2 stone lost, have a gift for yourself. Nothing food related! Make it time out you can enjoy as a treat, mani pedi, back massage something you would not normally do?

Everyone on here understands and has their own issues, some more than others and remember its not forever, ketosis will kick in and you will be on your way!

Good luck with it, we are all behind you willing you to succeed!

Be nice to yourself, you are unique and need to give yourself a chance!
Don't give up!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Sorry to hear you are feeling so down in the dumps, hopefully a good nights rest will help you feel much better.

My mum joined overeaters anon a few years ago after battling serious issues relating to food for many, many years. She has since cut sugar completely out of her diet, has lost weight as a result but more importantly has really worked through her food issues.

I don't presume to know you or the ins and outs of your life but just thought I'd mention it as it's maybe an avenue you were unaware of or hadn't considered. It probably isn't everyones cup of tea but it's always something else to try.

I really hope you feel better, your post really got me. Good luck x

thanks hun, do we have that in the uk? i assumed it was a USA thing? may well look into it - thanks, just very low just now xxx

Thanks so much for all the support - my eyes are leaking a little now lol!

Please do babysit me! im a fat james blunt needing hauled out of it!

here goes tomorrow xxx

clairem87 said:
thanks hun, do we have that in the uk? i assumed it was a USA thing? may well look into it - thanks, just very low just now xxx

My mum's group is in Glasgow, I'd imagine they have them all over the uk though :) try googling it :) feel better soon x

Thing is you need to get your head in place and say either I am going to do it or im going to make a half arsed attempt and fail.

I really feel for you as I have been in your place sooooo many times. you look in the mirror and think 'i dont look that bad', you then see yourself in a photo and think 'my god Im a beast'. Its so up and down and really frustrating. For me my time has come and this time im going to do it. I have had enough of down 2lbs then back up 3, while all the time im still fat.

Before you start, have a really good talk to yourself and make sure that now is the right time for you otherwise you are setting yourself up to fail. Write a long list and get out some photos you dont like. Get yourself organised and plan your week, have things to do when you would normally snack and get rid of anything that is temptation.

If you really want it, its yours for the taking!!

Best of luck and remember to come here for support, hourly if you need to!

Em x

They do have a Glasgow group, I was considering going a few years back (I think it's in the Voctoria infirmary?), but had real issues with the 'surrendering to a higher power' part of it.

What I do on the hard days is just concentrate on pack to pack. Breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner, dinner to tea. Getting slimmer one pack at a time. I like to think that if we lose 3.5lbs a week, then it's 0.5lbs a day. Which means each pack has helped me to lose 0.166 of 1lb. Sad I know but it's the only way I can stay focussed at times.

I know you're feeling low, but the only way is up!

What support do you have for this diet?

Lexie_dog said:
They do have a Glasgow group, I was considering going a few years back (I think it's in the Voctoria infirmary?), but had real issues with the 'surrendering to a higher power' part of it.

What I do on the hard days is just concentrate on pack to pack. Breakfast to lunch, lunch to dinner, dinner to tea. Getting slimmer one pack at a time. I like to think that if we lose 3.5lbs a week, then it's 0.5lbs a day. Which means each pack has helped me to lose 0.166 of 1lb. Sad I know but it's the only way I can stay focussed at times.

I know you're feeling low, but the only way is up!

What support do you have for this diet?

I think they must have groups all over Glasgow, the one my mum goes to is in Partick. I don't know too much about it, she has never mentioned anything about ' surrendering to a higher power' only that she has met a group of people who have become close friends and she has built up a massive support network. I imagine seeing terms like the above would freak people out, my mum is a pretty 'normal' woman so I'd imagine it's not so scary or she'd have run a mile lol :)

Have you ever heard of The Beck Diet Solution?

It is about fixing your head, so a diet will work. It is a book written by one of the world's premier cognitive behavioral therapists. The subtitle is something like "train your brain to think like a thin person" - if is not a diet book, but a how to make your diet and fitness plan work.

The program works. I have the book and have purchased the workbook. When I was following Beck I was able to stick to my plan and steadily lose. I even maintained my losses while on holiday in the US. However, I did not stuck to it the way I should have and regained about 1/2 my loss - but thanks to Beck I snapped to and have stopped gaining. Now I need to get back to Beck and get busy losing.

I believe that carbs, and sugar in particular, are addictive and the benefit of a ketogenic diet is that once your blood sugar stabilises it makes dieting so much easier. So when you are in the early, difficult days of the diet whatever you do don't reach for the carbs. Keep a little plain chicken handy in the fridge if you do absolutely have to have something. It doesn't mean that you won't have to deal with food cravings once your blood sugars are stabilise but it'll be head cravings not physical 'I need sugar' cravings so you're not dealing with a double whammy of cravings. Keep some mint mouth spray handy when you get cravings, or clean your teeth. Puts me off eating something straight after that anyway. Good luck.

BordersGirl said:
I believe that carbs, and sugar in particular, are addictive and the benefit of a ketogenic diet is that once your blood sugar stabilises it makes dieting so much easier. So when you are in the early, difficult days of the diet whatever you do don't reach for the carbs. Keep a little plain chicken handy in the fridge if you do absolutely have to have something. It doesn't mean that you won't have to deal with food cravings once your blood sugars are stabilise but it'll be head cravings not physical 'I need sugar' cravings so you're not dealing with a double whammy of cravings. Keep some mint mouth spray handy when you get cravings, or clean your teeth. Puts me off eating something straight after that anyway. Good luck.

I think BordersGirl is right about this. - I have been trying to Alternate Day VLCD but I am finding it much more difficult than an every day VLCD. I think I am very carb sensitive and a sugar addict, so if I am going to male the alternate day diet work on UP Days I'll need to stay sugar and carb free.

Day one going great so far, it's tomorrow I'm worried about, going into town wIth a friend and to resist! We're going for piercings and I'm thinking if I get tongue done it'll stop the need top easy lmao!

clairem87 said:
Day one going great so far, it's tomorrow I'm worried about, going into town wIth a friend and to resist! We're going for piercings and I'm thinking if I get tongue done it'll stop the need top easy lmao!

Be careful - those tongue piercings can lead to chipped teeth.

Ha! I came out my piercing appointment and was eating about 1.5 hours later. 'stick to soups and soft foods' ma bahookey!

And I had 2 tongue piercings at the same time. Just please dont do that really horrid thing of rattling it off your front teeth, side to side. That's what messes up your enamel

Back