Was it worth it? (major food mentioned)

hi I'm on day 2 and I've done this before - intact i used to be on here under a different name - Wannabeaslimjim - and was successful last year but over the last academic year i but on 5stone through take aways i literally mean takeaways it got to a stage where i would eat a large dominoes pizza in 3 mins and still felt hungry ( i noticed the time through a counter on tv) and iv i went to mcdonalds i would have say a burger meal another burger 20 chicken nuggets 2 drinks an apple pie mcflurry and mozzarella sticks x2,(when they were offering them) i could literally and did regular spend between £40-£50 a day on takeaways or if i went to tesco i would easily spend £30 on crap for a day for example a whole chocolate cake, haagen dazs to go with it (obviously) pizza's ready to eat chicken, ready meals , mattersons family sausage, fresh scones and cherry pies and i would eat it all in a day and have takeaway one day doing an assignment i had 4 starbucks visits getting a total of 8 drinks for myself a £20 hand made sub from subway, dominoes and my usual mcdonalds...my mum doesn't know the extent of my problems because i wouldn't leave a paper trail but something she asked me earlier was... were all them take aways worth it?

well looking back when i was eating them i thought yeah, but knowing what i now have to endure to lose it i gotta say it wasn't and the money i spent on crap food i really can't say it was worth it, yes something as a treat occasionally yeah but its ridiculous.

i knew i ate more than my friends and i know it seems like I'm doing a roll of honour above about what i ate and i know I'm only on day 2 but already stepping back and noting it like that and thinking helps me see where my problem lies/lied and perhaps it can help you guys see what went wrong for you guys ok to varying degree's and then address the question is it worth it? think about it when you feel like you may fall of the wagon and i don't mean think is it worth it ? yeah I'm really hungry you gotta think long term and therefore i feel it could help those tryna maintain as well

Hmm wow, even when I was over 24st myself I don't think I managed all that in a day!!

Well done for getting back on the wagon, but as I'm sure you realise yourself, eating that way wan't only going to leave you skint, it was prob going to leave you pretty dead as well. I haven't had a Pizza for 3 months now, even though I've had the odd weekend off and meal out etc I've still not been tempted by one, I have had a burger king minus the bun and fries though!! Take away food is rarely worth it, for the taste or the consequences, somehow it never tastes quite as good as we remember anyway.

I think myself it sounds like either you had/have a serious food addiction issue, which at least you've realised needs to be dealt with, but in the interests of your own health can I suggest that you visit your GP before going any further on Exante.

After eating like that for several months your liver and body in general will be really quite toxic and Exante is a very extreme regime to switch over to, I have a feeling you could make yourself really quite ill due to the rapid detox effects of the diet and it could put your liver under serious strain.

Hats off to you for getting on the Exante bus, and very good luck with your journey xx

Good luck but as mentioned above, going from that amount of food, it might be best to run it by your doc first. Well don for saying no more and taking control though x

Well done for getting back on it :) I can totally relate to this, I was on exante for a month and then came off for about 5 weeks, cos of uni work stress. I ate so much rubbish it was unbelievable, I would go and spend £20 in the supermarket on convenience food and cakes that would last me a day or maybe two, and takeaways were a problem for me too, and I put on about 19lbs. Now I'm back on the wagon, I started last week, but caved because of the lush weather, and having money! But on day 5 now, and its probably only because I'm skint that I'm still on it, but hoping to see a loss to spur me on abit! I need to learn that food is purely fuel for your body, not a reward! So know how you feel, but stick with it, and the results will be fab :) Good luck!

Reward yourself with new clothes a size smaller, food is such a tough habit to break. Just do one day at a time and in no time it should become a way of life, that's the plan anyway :)

Back