Was struggling think im in the swing now!

Jarvis106

On Charles Clark diet again after 9yr gap. Lost 3st before. But like a fool didn't stick to the maintenance phase so 2 st came back on an sat there for much of the last 8yrs. Got his latest book an read again. Started two weeks ago but after an initial 3lb loss my weights been going up and down. Didn't happen like this at all last time. Re read the book an noticed I should cut out all caffiene including diet Pepsi an restrict milk in tea. So cut out all Pepsi an black tea substituted for mint tea an water. Bit boring. Has anyone got any suggestions?

I drink decaff coffee with cream...............are you allowed cream yet? Other than that unless you can drink it black fruit teas, or water are about your only options..............not very helpful is it? I really miss my cuppa with milk, but my losses have stalled, so think I'm going to have to cut back on the dairy :(

Hi, you were so right about the headache. It was awful Wednesday but is lifting now. I'd picked up some fruit teas in holland an Barrett an they were loaded with carbs, but been to Tesco an they had loads with just trace. So it's given me more options. Thanks for the recommendation re cream in coffee. Cut out yoghurt an milk but having decaf coffee at night, feels like a real treat an it is allowed on the Charles Clarke diet in the weight loss phase. Don't think I'm going to drop a stone super quick as I'd fantasised about, but at least it is coming off albeit slowly. Hope your doing okay. Caroline

Going lowcarb can make you feel quite ill to start with as your body adjusts, but after a few days you will start to feel better and you should start to feel more energy :) Its not a quick weight loss for me either, but again that is usual from what I have read for lots of ppl, but the trend continues down and is likely to stay off if you keep to the plan............I have tweaked my plan a little to make it suit my lifestyle better as I also believe that whatever plan you go on it has to work for you ................... let me know how you do :):)

Thanks for your replies, really helpful as normalised what I was experiencing. The headache has now gone completely woo hoo. I think that's a really good point about making the diet work for you, rather than being really prescriptive about it all. I've always done this in the past an think that's maybe why my motivation has wained after a while. So perhaps after a decent weight loss I should rethink my plan. Lost 2lbs this week. Going mentally prepare myself that it won't always be that good, but still pleased for now!

Sounds like you are doing well :). I've not been very focused recently, but have just refocused so now I've done two days 100% so hopefully I'm back on track.

Hi, hope your getting on ok. 7 weeks in. Lost a stone an working towards getting another 1 1/2 off to get to target. It is hard an slow progress, but not as restrictive as a lot of diets. My major problem is getting enough water intake daily. How much is the right daily amount? Hear so much conflicting information. Just finished looking longingly at boiled rice just prepared for family. Here's to the maintenance phase!

Yo u sound as if you are doing really well :) I have been low carbing since Jan and have only lost 1.5 stone with ideally another 3 to go :sigh: I have found it slow going and have messed around for a couple of months but back on plan now tho like you I'm not drinking enough water. You can usually tell by the colour of your wee, it should be pale in colour. I actually don't miss potatoes or rice now....:woohoo:

Back