watch out for 'pretend' muller lights syn values - Aldi Brooklea Light yoghurts

Slim&slinky

Hello

Just thought it might help to remind people to check syn values on 'fat free' yoghurts.. I got very excited in Aldi last week as they had yoghurts that were designed to look like 'Muller Lights'.. even having the new vanilla with chocolate sprinkles.. pots a similar design.. all designed to be like a muller light but for just 30p.. knowing how much alot of us spend on Muller lights I thought I was very excited!

I've just put the toffee yoghurt (Brooklea Light - Toffee flavour (from Aldi) ) into syn calculator in diary on offical SW website and it is..
3.5 syns!! :cry:

The Brooklea light yoghurt from aldis called 'vanilla with dark chocolate flakes' is 1.5 syns but of course the muller light vanilla with chocolate sprinkles equivalant is free.. so watch out.. I they have def. copycatted Mullers but didnt follow up copycatting with the sugar and fat content to get it a syn free yoghurt :(

So I'll be saving my pennies for Mullers untill I find a similar syn free product.

Hope that helps.. and hope I've posted this in the right place. I know there is a yoghurt thread but thought it needed separate one but if I need to move it there I will, let me know.

I think the 'Light' on the Brooklea yogs refers to the fat content (ie low fat) as opposed to the trademarked name of the Muller brand (Muller Light). I can't recall for deffo but don't think the Brooklea ones claim to be Fat Free whereas the Muller do. I know that not all Fat Free yogs are free on SW but they're more likely to be (or lower syns anyway) than Low Fat ones.
Aldi do sell a 4-pk of Fat Free yogs - similar to Activia consistency, and extremely tasty.

Back