• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Water and weight loss

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
#1
I have just read an interesting research article which states that even a 1% rate of dehydration will affect metabolism slowing it down. By replacing this water mainly with water rich foods the metabolism increases quicker than just by drinking water. What are your experiences of drinking or not drinking additional water and weight loss?
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

NiaX

Silver Member
#2
I find it very difficult to drink the recommended amount of water and my body can be quite sensitive to this in terms of water retention. The results being that I lose more weight on the weeks that I've had more water, rather than gaining on the weeks where I don't drink much at all.
 

desperate2Bslim

Reaching the goal
#4
With my program, I really get thirsty a lot. I guess, I'm drowning. Lol. :p
 
#5
well I tried the 2 litres of water for a week and at WI i only lost 1lb. i think it might be water retention but i drink the recommeded 8 glasses of fluid so i'm just sticking to drinking what i want rather than forcing the water.
 
#6
munchie11 said:
well I tried the 2 litres of water for a week and at WI i only lost 1lb. i think it might be water retention but i drink the recommeded 8 glasses of fluid so i'm just sticking to drinking what i want rather than forcing the water.
Whats this 'only' 1lb thing? I get incredibly frustrated when i see this. You would be very upset if you put on 1lb so why would you not be happy with losing 1lb? There are plenty of people on here who consistently lose 1lb a week - thats nearly 4stone over a year.

On the original post, drinking water is just plain good for you, regardless of its affect on your weight loss. You won't do yourself or your weight loss any harm by drinking at least 2l a day.
 

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
#7
I think I may be in the minority here but I love my water! I drink at least 6 pints a day and absolutely cannot eat without a big glass. I don't know how it's affected my weight loss because I've always drunk a lot of water. I've never suffered from constipation though! Hee hee
 
S

solo12

Guest
#8
Honeyoc said:
I think I may be in the minority here but I love my water! I drink at least 6 pints a day and absolutely cannot eat without a big glass. I don't know how it's affected my weight loss because I've always drunk a lot of water. I've never suffered from constipation though! Hee hee
I'm with you honey, I have at least 3 litres water per day then tea & diet pop aswell x
 
#9
Whats this 'only' 1lb thing? I get incredibly frustrated when i see this. You would be very upset if you put on 1lb so why would you not be happy with losing 1lb? There are plenty of people on here who consistently lose 1lb a week - thats nearly 4stone over a year.

On the original post, drinking water is just plain good for you, regardless of its affect on your weight loss. You won't do yourself or your weight loss any harm by drinking at least 2l a day.
sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone, and when you put it like that then yes a pound off is better than a pound on. x
 
#10
munchie11 said:
sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone, and when you put it like that then yes a pound off is better than a pound on. x
Don't worry hun. You are not & will not be the only person who says 'only 1kb on here! Sometimes i see it enough to get annoyed, and this was one of those times :)
 

Sio

Full Member
#11
I love water. I tend to drink only at meal times though but would get through 4/5 pints. I'd sometimes have dilutable or diet coke etc... but trying to cut down on how much sweetener I take.

I do find that when I actively try and drink it just makes me wee a lot and doesn't affect my weight loss.
 


Similar threads