Water and weight loss

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Brightonrosie, 30 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have just read an interesting research article which states that even a 1% rate of dehydration will affect metabolism slowing it down. By replacing this water mainly with water rich foods the metabolism increases quicker than just by drinking water. What are your experiences of drinking or not drinking additional water and weight loss?

Last edited: 30 July 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. NiaX

NiaX Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find it very difficult to drink the recommended amount of water and my body can be quite sensitive to this in terms of water retention. The results being that I lose more weight on the weeks that I've had more water, rather than gaining on the weeks where I don't drink much at all.

4. Time for change

Time for change Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(20.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Dont drink too much water or you will drown lol

5. desperate2Bslim

desperate2Bslim Reaching the goal

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(46.28%)
    Diet:
    Acai Slim
    With my program, I really get thirsty a lot. I guess, I'm drowning. Lol. :p

6. munchie11

munchie11 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well I tried the 2 litres of water for a week and at WI i only lost 1lb. i think it might be water retention but i drink the recommeded 8 glasses of fluid so i'm just sticking to drinking what i want rather than forcing the water.

7. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Whats this 'only' 1lb thing? I get incredibly frustrated when i see this. You would be very upset if you put on 1lb so why would you not be happy with losing 1lb? There are plenty of people on here who consistently lose 1lb a week - thats nearly 4stone over a year.

On the original post, drinking water is just plain good for you, regardless of its affect on your weight loss. You won't do yourself or your weight loss any harm by drinking at least 2l a day.

8. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I think I may be in the minority here but I love my water! I drink at least 6 pints a day and absolutely cannot eat without a big glass. I don't know how it's affected my weight loss because I've always drunk a lot of water. I've never suffered from constipation though! Hee hee

9. solo12

solo12 Guest

I'm with you honey, I have at least 3 litres water per day then tea & diet pop aswell x

10. munchie11

munchie11 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    sorry i didn't mean to offend anyone, and when you put it like that then yes a pound off is better than a pound on. x

NiaX likes this.
  11. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Don't worry hun. You are not & will not be the only person who says 'only 1kb on here! Sometimes i see it enough to get annoyed, and this was one of those times :)

12. Sio

Sio Full Member

I love water. I tend to drink only at meal times though but would get through 4/5 pints. I'd sometimes have dilutable or diet coke etc... but trying to cut down on how much sweetener I take.

I do find that when I actively try and drink it just makes me wee a lot and doesn't affect my weight loss.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.