Water flavourings through airport security

Hi!

When I did LL I had a letter explaining why I would be taking packed powders through security, just incase I had any problems. The letter was an official LL 'medical explanation' letter that my Counsellor issued. I never needed it. I travel abroad a lot with my job.
I went abroad this week with cambridge water flavouring, with no letter and no problems.

I know I used to worry at the start about taking these things through, so I just wanted to reassure anyone who was worried about this.

Only relevant if taking through in hand luggage of course.xx

On the off chance you are stopped by customs or immigration they may test for a sample or something but obviously should be clear! :p

Ive also taken everything through in my hold bag with no problems at all x

Would it be okay to pack bars/shakes in your other luggage - not hand luggage?

Oh yes, you can with no probs! X

I'm just chuckling, because I've sometimes made up a bottle of water with flavouring in my car. I've not got the most steady hands in the world and I have known to have the flavouring spill out onto surfaces in the car. I wonder what the police would think on first look, if they came to the window. Oh dear, I'm going mad here waiting for weigh in.....need to occupy myself and not have stupid thoughts....:) x

Back