Water intake

Does anybody know if not drinking enough water will effect weight loss?

I know I'm not drinking enough, infact I'm far from it.. I had my weigh in today and I've lost 4lb (second weigh in) I am slightly disappointed with that and was expecting a little bit more.. Im still ok with what I've lost as a loss is a loss but I was just expecting a little more..

I'm just wondering if not drinking enough is effecting it..x

My second week was 4lbs too I was disappointed too but it depends as well on the amount you have too lose. But I would try and drink as much as u can

Yeah I suppose so.. I am going to try and drink lots of water this week and see if it makes a difference, going to make a trip to asda and buy loads of bottles of it lol...x

Hi Abigails_Mummy :)

Yes, the water you drink does affect your weight loss. Lipotrim says that you should aim to drink 3-4 litres a day (no more than 5 litres in 24 hours) in small, frequent servings. I only manage 3 litres myself and it can be a struggle. Good luck! :)

Drinking plenty of water has not personally made a difference to my losses - some weeks I've drank next to nothing and others I've drank like a fish and the results have been much the same. One thing that is important when drinking a lot of water though is that you don't become obsessed with weighing yourself every time you're in the bathroom. I have suffered with this problem and it put me off drinking the recommended amount of water because I would see upward fluctuations in my weight throughout the day and I would be blaming the water, despite the fact that I knew I would wee it out. It was discouraging. Make sure you don't allow yourself to get into that frame of mind as it has been really difficult for me to get out of the habit of the 10-times-a-day weighing. xx

Skinnylove, that's all I did last week, everyday I was on the scales .. Not touching them this week though.. Going to wait till my weigh in day..x

Starlight said:
4lbs is an above average weekly loss. If you're disappointed in that you might be aiming too high

It's just after seeing people's stats on here loosing between 6-8lb in their second week it just slightly disappointed me..x

My personal experience is that I am being told to try to drink more water. I don't measure my water intake but thought I was drinking enough.

I have been getting constipated and drinking more water should help with that. I am also going to use the fibre powder too.

I suspect the reason I only lost 2 lbs in my first week was due to not drinking enough water - since people say it does make a difference. I need to work on drinking enough.

I still need to drink more.. Im only having around 1.5 L which still isn't enough..

Trying to drink enough water is def harder than not eating food..x

I too am not sure about how much water I drink, some days are more than others i know, but do try and grab a glass each time i am in the kitchen, but 4lb is brill, you have to ask yourself if you think that week 2 on an eating diet would bring a 4lb loss? and the answer would be probably not? maybe 2lb? 3 if lucky? and also its still 4lb off? that gives you nearly a stone in two weeks and will be over that in 3, I know from being a long term weight watcher that that would have taken me at least 4 weeks but more likely 6, you are doing really well, cant beat yourself up about losing 4lbs xx

I still need to drink more.. Im only having around 1.5 L which still isn't enough..

Trying to drink enough water is def harder than not eating food..x

Normally I hardly ever feel thirsty and I know I don't drink enough, so on Lipotrim I've had to actually schedule when I go and get myself a drink of water. I know it sounds a bit strange, but I wouldn't drink enough without doing it. As 3 litres is the minimum that you're supposed to have I decided I would start with that much. I divided it by twelve, so that's twelve 250ml glasses (I found a little mug that holds 250ml to always use). I have one before and after each meal (as suggested by Lipotrim), two more between breakfast and lunch, two between lunch and dinner, the last two between dinner and bedtime. I space them out at regular intervals and that way I manage to get through it all.

Maybe it would work for other people who are struggling to drink enough?

Moonagedaydream & Dizzy1968 - I would definitely at least measure how much you're having otherwise you won't know for sure that you're having enough. I feel like this diet is so boring why be on it longer than you have to just because you haven't had enough water? It's a small thing to do to get back to eating normally and away from the boring shakes. :)

Normally I hardly ever feel thirsty and I know I don't drink enough, so on Lipotrim I've had to actually schedule when I go and get myself a drink of water. I know it sounds a bit strange, but I wouldn't drink enough without doing it. As 3 litres is the minimum that you're supposed to have I decided I would start with that much. I divided it by twelve, so that's twelve 250ml glasses (I found a little mug that holds 250ml to always use). I have one before and after each meal (as suggested by Lipotrim), two more between breakfast and lunch, two between lunch and dinner, the last two between dinner and bedtime. I space them out at regular intervals and that way I manage to get through it all.

Moonagedaydream & Dizzy1968 - I would definitely at least measure how much you're having otherwise you won't know for sure that you're having enough. I feel like this diet is so boring why be on it longer than you have to just because you haven't had enough water? It's a small thing to do to get back to eating normally and away from the boring shakes. :)

hiya, I do have water in the fridge in a large bottle and make sure i do drink at least two of those a day, thats how i sort of gage it, but was sort of saying i dont really know just the exact amount, and yes agree , why be on it longer than needed, but have managed a regular 5lb a week off so far so think i must be doing ok but will try and work it out today lol x

Bev :)

I meant for myself, why would I want to be on it any longer than I have to. You're doing really well. :) You have brilliant losses! It's just the water is the biggest struggle for me and I'd be lost without knowing exactly how much I've had, as I could go the whole day without a drink without noticing otherwise.

arh I see your point, I work from home, and have just checked this bottle and its 2lts, I drink at least that plus my shakes with much more water than advised each day, but i am sure i fill bottle again in day somewhere so would presume i get through about a bottle and a half plus shake water, it is still a concious effort to go and get it though! and also drink a lot of green tea as its the only one I like without a tad of milk, I think if some people are struggling with the water then the suggestion of drinking a pint before and after a shake is a good idea, that way you sort of know you are getting enough x

and totally agree, the sooner its over the better lol x

Dizzy1968 said:
I too am not sure about how much water I drink, some days are more than others i know, but do try and grab a glass each time i am in the kitchen, but 4lb is brill, you have to ask yourself if you think that week 2 on an eating diet would bring a 4lb loss? and the answer would be probably not? maybe 2lb? 3 if lucky? and also its still 4lb off? that gives you nearly a stone in two weeks and will be over that in 3, I know from being a long term weight watcher that that would have taken me at least 4 weeks but more likely 6, you are doing really well, cant beat yourself up about losing 4lbs xx

Thank you.. Think I'm just expecting miricals haha..x

Noitulove said:

I think this maybe a good idea coz what I'm doing isn't working lol.. X

Back