Water Retention

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Refeeding' started by liz0703, 28 September 2009 Social URL.

1. liz0703

liz0703 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    7st12lb(45.64%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim Re-feed (from Wed 30th Sept 09)
    I have been hearing all these dreaded stories about weight gain during re-feed even though everyone has stuck to the sheet. Some possible answers to this have been water/fluid retention.

Has/ does anyone use water retention tablets to help with this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Zebs07

Zebs07 Dance the positive spin..

Start Weight:
    12st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.84%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan presently (aim 21.5lb); Lipotrim previously (5 stone)
    oh what a great idea ... I hope someone answers this in the affirmative and said it worked ...

Vanessa

4. kered

kered Gold Member

I never used any water retention tablets.

The first week or refeed, I either stayed the same or gained 1lb (I really cant remember now) but if the refeed is followed properly there should only be a minimal gain, due to the glycogen levels filling up at the correct levels.

5. liz0703

liz0703 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    7st12lb(45.64%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim Re-feed (from Wed 30th Sept 09)
    Thanks, thats great.

What about when you finished re-feed? Were you worried about water gain then?

6. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    If you keep up your fluid intake there shouldn't be much water retention unless you have a medical condition that makes you prone to it? Fluid is responsibile for weight 'gain' in everyone to an extent. My weight will fluctuate every day depending if I've exercised (tired muscles retain fluid while they 'recover'!) If I've eaten a lot of veg/soup, if it's near my totm etc. etc.
    Fluctuating weight is not something to be feared- it is to be expected. No-one is the exact same weight day in, day out- that wouldn't be normal!

7. kered

kered Gold Member

No, I wasnt worried about water retention, as long as you are following a healthy balanced diet your weight should stay the same within a few lbs.

I weigh every morning (still) and then I will always be a few lbs heavier in the evening, which is natural. Each morning my weight can fluctuate a little up or down depending on what I ate the day before.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.