Water Tablets?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Weekly Weigh In' started by Daisy1966, 18 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Daisy1966

Daisy1966 Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi are we allowed to use water tablets to avoid totm weight gain??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tinkerbellthefairy

Tinkerbellthefairy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.15%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim/The SMLdiet
    Hi Daisy, not sure on that one. Maybe you can ask your pharmacist. I've not heard of anyone else taking them.
    Emma x

4. Neem

Neem Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(9.55%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi Daisy, I think the idea with water retention is that if the body is full of salt or dehydrated it tends to retain water (and naturally if someone suffers from certain medical conditions). So by drinking lots of water on LT this should not happen (I've retained water for the first 10 days, all well since). I think you need to speak to someone before you take them so that you don't harm yourself.

Take care.

5. donnac76

donnac76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.19%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi Daisy
    I spoke to a pharmacist yesterday about using the herbal aquaban
    He was very much against it for general use,i got permission to use it occasionally only as my body is not coping with the amount of water i am drinking at the moment and i am retaining water,he did say though if it continues he wants my doctor to do tests for kidney function etc as he thinks the fact i was drinking 4ltrs was ideal and shouldn't be a problem yet my nurse who i see for my lipotrim said i was taking in too much hence the retention,its a tricky one really,i would speak to your lipotrim advisor or your doctor.x

6. Daisy1966

Daisy1966 Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi thanks guys , I wasnt thinking of using them in general was just thinking of a few days before totm starts thats all but will check with pharmacist on wednesday thanks xxx

7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is common for women to retain water around totm even on Lipotrim.

Lipotrim TFR will itself cause water loss...

The above information is taken from Dr. Alan N Howard's book, 20th anniversary edition of The Cambridge Diet.

Definitely consult your own Doctor before taking water tablets or any diuretics whilst on TFR.

8. donnac76

donnac76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.19%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Yes my pharmacist mentioned this when i discussed using them occasionally,it really is something you need to be advised upon by your own G.P personally as we are all different,the mad thing is actually i am usually very bad at retaining around TOTM and yet its that time begun again today i haven't bloated at all and haven't felt the need to touch the water tablets either which is great.x

9. Daisy1966

Daisy1966 Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks Mini ! I will leave it lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.