Water?

fatpossum

Silver Member
Does anyone know why water makes such a difference on this diet?

I know that being in ketosis requires that we drink lots to flush out the ketones etc etc. I also know that water helps combat hunger ......................

but apart from this, why and how does it work? Any boffins out there?

Part of it is to replace the water content of a normal food intake which we are missing out on. A large proportion of many different kinds of food is made up of water. Also because water helps prevent constipation/keeps things moving! I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

The main reason for increased weight loss is that if you are fully hydrated then your kidneys can run at full capacity.

If you aren't full hydrated then your liver has to help our your kidneys and hence instead of burning fat it is helping out.

The study I read said that if you are aren't drinking enough then your liver only runs at about 70% efficiency of burning fat so being full hydrated helps a lot.

Also if you drink a lot then you don't retain as much water as your body is aware it is getting plenty and hence doesn't need to retain.

Add onto that the fact you are deficient in water because you aren't eating "normal food" then you do need to get glugging.

And also the other benefits are better skin, hair, a feeling of fullness, something to drink in a pub and be social etc etc etc which is why I think water is as important as the packs and the key to the best diet in the world.

M.

The study I read said that if you are aren't drinking enough then your liver only runs at about 70% efficiency of burning fat so being full hydrated helps a lot.

M.[/quote]

Thanks Moose for this .....
Do you have a link to that study by any chance?:coffee:

I shall have a look later when I get home and see if I can find it.

M.

Thanks Moose

Back