Water??

Caz

Repeat Offender
I've got a couple of quick questions about water!

I know I'm not drinking enough, only just hitting 1.5 litres a day. I know I need more! How will not drinking enough water affect things? Also, any tips or suggestions on how to try and get more water in, just finding it hard! Think I'm going to try more teas. What teas are we allowed to have?

I've got a couple of quick questions about water!

I know I'm not drinking enough, only just hitting 1.5 litres a day. I know I need more! How will not drinking enough water affect things? Also, any tips or suggestions on how to try and get more water in, just finding it hard! Think I'm going to try more teas. What teas are we allowed to have?

I found it a real struggle drinking 2.4 litres of water, i got the berry drink flavouring last week, it tastes so nice i want to drink it so since i have been having the flavouring ive been finding it easier, i also make ice lollies out of it too.:)
Not sure about all the teas that are allowed, i know that green tea,redbush and nettle are allowed. :)

x

I've never been a big water drinker..always opting for a fizzy drink instead..so I never imagined I'd be able to drink as much as I am. But I am and I actually feel great.

I use one of those litre-sized Volvic bottles. It doesn't look like that much but I put it in the fridge overnight and take it to work. I'm at my desk by 8am and I drink it throughout the morning. I find it nice and refreshing - especially now I am in ketosis because it helps combat the metallic taste I seem to have all the time.

I fill my second at 11am and that lasts me till after I've had my lunch. Then I'll fill it one more time and drink throughout the afternoon.

By the time I'm done with work I am astounded that I've managed three litres. Anything else on top of that is a bonus.

So my advice is to get one of those bottles and just keep refilling it. It's deceptive. It really doesn't look like a lot and before you know it you've had your quota.

i cant drink water unless it`s tepid. so i fill 4 litre bottles in the morn and just leave them by my kettle, i find most nights all 4 have gone without even thinking about it, i sip it while cooking kids teas too, stops me picking.

My tip if it is the "sheer volume" that worries you is to have one of those small plastic cups on your desk - you know the ones from the drinks machines. One of those is 0.2 litres, so five of them is one litre. I have found if that is sat on my desk, I just keep picking it up, and it is easy to down one of those in a swig. Just keep topping it up, and keep the bottle under your desk. In a standard 8 hour working day you only need to drink 15 (I know it sounds a lot) of those little cups to have had 3 litres .... that is only one every 1/2 hour.

I do exactly the same as memphis, on the same time line!! :) Those 1L bottles are definitely deceptive and easy to keep on you if ur on the go or out and about, by the time I get home from work I've already had 3L and only have one more to go (I have 4L a day) if I do go out with friends I stick to sparkling water (which I used to hateee before but have "learnt" to drink!) or mint tea :) xxx

Hey Anaya - I think you need to change your font colour - that is a s*d to read when you are and old git like me!! :D

BTW - with regard to the teas allowed, I think the rule is that you can have any tea as long as it is made ONLY from leaf. No teas containing fruit, flowers, or berries are allowed.

Hey
When I am at work I buy a 1.5 litre bottle and then pour it into a small 500ml bottle and keep filling up until I get to 4 litres.. when your drinking from the smaller bottles you dont notice really..

When Im at home I add crushed ice and use a large glass and keep filling it up, leave it on the side so every time you walk past you have a glass.

Its hard if your not good at drinking water but its so good for you.

See I've been doing all of that, but I'm still not even hitting 2 litres. I just don't really get that thirsty. I'm not allowed the berry thing as it's my first week, and I don't like those kind of flavours anyway! I'll do it somehow though!!

I don't always feel that thirsty either, but i treat it almost like a little mission to get it down me! Best of luck with it but you do need to try and get more down you chick x

I'm trying today, having a cup of tea now, will take a bottle of uni with me to uni in a bit, and just keep trying!!

As I am normally a full fat coke addict, I have started to drink the fizzy water and thats my new addiction now... Only 12 pence for the Tesco Value 2 ltr bottle. I have one of them and some normal water in between every single day. Then normally a hot veg drink near bed time.

Back