Ways of getting the water down?

RebekahR

Gold Member
Any tips or anything that makes it easier for you to get the water needed??

I am so so bad at drinking enough, normally I only drink what is needed to take my tablets, then 500ml post workout (very very bad I know!!) , need to get into the habit of drinking asap!

I am a bit of a redbull addict.. know coke zero is allowed..are there any legal squashes?? - that would make it 1000 times easier!!

Thanks in advance guys :eek:

Have you tried water flavourings

Just drink throughout the day - keep forcing it down...

I have a glass of water before my, 'breakfast'.. then a cup of peppermint tea with breakfast. Then a drink or two before lunch. Then one with lunch... In the evening I've always got a drink next to me...

I think I make 3L on an average day now. You have to drink constantly!

There's a still water in Iceland the red apple one. You get 2 bottles (2litres) for £1. It's got malic acid in.
I find it's very sweet. So I fill it half with plain water. Lasts a lot longer. Often have the odd can of coke/ dr pepper zero x

Oops Laurie, is Dr pepper zero allowed too. I love that stuff!!

You could try sparkling water for something a bit different?xx

I could not be without my water flavours, makes it so easy to drink water.

Dr Pepper Zero is also fine in that it won't take you out of ketosis - but it isn't officially part of the diet. It is also the work of the devil - but each to their own!

I carry a 750ml water bottle with me at all times and when its empty I refill- i also keep a stock in the fridge as I like it ice cold xx

Ive tried evrything, cold peppermint teas, water flavourings, plain water, fizzy water! and the only thing that works for me and has not affected my losses is no added sugar cordial, i use asdas own and just put a small amount in a 1 litre bottle. I set myself challenges throughout the day to get through it then i'll either have more or teas and de-caf coffees.

No it isnt on the list but works fine for me so thought id mention it, if it helps someone up their intake then, they can only chose to try it or not ;)

You just have to be careful with the ingredients though, people tend to take things on here at face value, although it works for you if, as most of them do, it has citric acid then most people would rather avoid them than risk coming out of ketosis :) Always best to mention things like citric acid if they do have them in them, personally Id never risk anything with it in - just incase. Different people have different levels of carb sensitivity but Id hate to see someones diet being affected by information they got on here :)

If you know of ANY citric acid free squash though that would be brilliant :)

Yeah thats very true :) i will keep a eye out for any with no citric acid in :)

Thanks everyone, ill get some flavourings

Ribena extra extra light appears to only have malic acid... I'll give it a whirl!!

Drinking the amount of water was the thing i was least looking forward to on this diet but now, after 26 days i've got used to the daily intake (and don't seem to be running to the loo every 5 minutes now either LOL!).

During the day i drink: 2L sparkling water, 500ml tap water with a Wahoo flavouring sachet, 500ml plain tap water

Here's my strategy:-

I have a 750ml bottle which i keep refilling with the sparkling water and make sure i've drunk half of the first 750ml by breakfast time.

By lunchtime i aim to have drunk around 1.5L

By teatime i aim to be part way through the 500mls of flavoured water

By bedtime i like to have finished it all

I know some people prefer room temperature water, or even warmed slightly, i prefer mine chilled.

Hope this helps :)

Back