Weather and our food choices

TwoPoundsPerWeek

I don't know if anyone else does this, but when it gets cold or rainy outside, I like comfort foods. I like chili, and pot roast, and pork chops. I tend to use lower fat meats and ingredients, but it seems like when the weather's foul, I eat MORE as well. And I take the leftovers to work for lunch to save money...it's an endless cycle. In the nicer months, I crave fruit, and light sandwiches, and fresh veggies and generally healthy stuff.
What do you crave when the weather's bad?

I, too, am the same. It's like a caveman instinct to bulk up on food and body fat to see us through the winter - except that we forget about the wonders of central heating! The cold weather makes me want to have a full warm feeling in my stomach - and a chocolate milkshake just doesn't always hit the spot!

I've been struggling with this too - the food packs just don't cut it, do they? But at least we can make them hot!

The only help I've found is psychology. If I had a real fire I'd light it (huddling round a radiator just isn't the same!) I light lots of candles and turn the lights off, and that somehow makes me feel better. Maybe it will do the same for you...:gen125:

A hot drink certainly helps, but I always want soup when I'm cold! :) Thank goodness we are just about into summer here in Australia, but I do sympathise with you guys! ;)

I really just keep track of my calories. I'm on about 1400 a day. But something about warm pumpkin pie and/or a big bowl of stew makes that hard to stick to. Plus there's apple cider, and eggnog, and...

Sorry. Hope I'm not making anyone hungry. lol

Bit of an obvious question but why are you posting on the LL forum if you are not doing LL? :whoopass:

Like I said, I didn't mean to. And I didn't realize what the diet was-I actually wouldn't have posted here at all except for this unintentional post, because I don't know anything about it and therefor have nothing to add to discussion. I'm sorry if I offended anyone-it wasn't my intention. My intention was to chat about weather and food choices, and I just posted it in the wrong place. I humbly request that everyone ignore this thread from now on.

Back