Wedding in 15 weeks - will the dress do up?!

LincsBren

Silver Member
My wedding is 15 weeks today, so here I am giving everything I've got to Cambridge to try and get me looking utterly fabulous on the big day!

Potted history of my weight - lost 4 stone in 2010 (mainly using Lipotrim, then switched to CD as a consultant was much closer) taking me from over 15 stone to 11st 5lbs, and a skinny size 12 (10's sometimes fit, but usually restricted my my bone structure rather than flab for once!) and possibly a little TOO thin for me. I put a little on over that Christmas, and then appeared to stabilise at around 11st 10lbs (still a 'Next' size 12) and I was really happy with that weight and size.

6 months later, I didn't cope well with a death, and 2 weeks later I had a clumsy accident (didn't look where I was putting my feet and fell off a ramp!) resulting in me having little mobility for the following 6 months (and an operation on my leg to repair the damage part way through that). It's entirely my own fault that I then put all the weight back on - comfort eating in front of the TV for 6 months is NOT a good plan - so here I am again.

Since January I've been more mobile and have been building some fitness back up; I have also lost almost a stone, taking me from 15st 6lbs on New Years Day down to 14st 8lbs earlier this week. However, I optimistically ordered my wedding dress in a size 16, which as anyone who has shopped for wedding dresses will know, is more akin to a high street 12-14 (eeekk!!) I am currently wearing mostly a size 16, or 18 from less generous shops.

Fortunately having slimmed down before, I do have a concrete idea of where I need to be weight-wise in order to fit into the dress: I drop a dress size per stone, and at 15 stone am size 18, 14 stone = size 16, 13 stone = size 14 and 12 stone = size 12. My primary goal is therefore to get to 13 stone by my first dress fitting which is in the middle of May, so 6 weeks away.

My second dress fitting is 3 weeks after that, and so in those 3 weeks I'd like to drop another 1/2 stone to be 12st 7lbs and a true 12-14. By that point, rather terrifyingly, I will only have 6 weeks to my wedding (eek!) so I'll probably aim to drop a bit more over the first 2 weeks, aiming for maintenance over the last 4 weeks but allowing a bit of 'bounce room' when I'm stressed out with last minute preparations!

I started Sole Source yesterday - as I'm only 5'6" I generally have 3 shakes a day, but I have bought in extras so that if I'm feeling hungry, I can top up with a 4th shake instead of being tempted with food. Yesterday I had 3 shakes and today I've had 2 so far and am just about to have my 3rd, so hopefully won't need another one.

Everyone keeps telling me how a wedding dress must be real motivation, but I really don't feel like my head is in the game this time - I'm so happy with my life generally and I don't FEEL hugely fat and unattractive so it is going to be tough to stick to it. My lovely OH tells me how gorgeous I am all the time which doesn't help, and we both LOVE eating out so I've asked him not to suggest it at all!

Ah love x first congratulations on the wedding you must be so excited I was just reading your post x you seem to be getting on really well so far so don't be so hard on yourself as you must have your head in the game to even do one day x posting on here helps as it gives motivation and support x your more than welcome to join in on my threads fat fighters to let me see how you are getting on and stuff and I will try and support motivate you where ever I can x good luck hunny xx

Bless you LeaE, funnily enough I just found your diary too and seems like we're roughly in the same position - height, start weight, current weight! Good luck to you too. xx

Hey,
I'm exactly the same... My wedding is in July and I'm a size 16/18 and weigh 14st 6!!! I ordered my wedding dress in a size 14 although I wanted to order it in a 12 the shop person assisted a 14- thank god they did!!!!!

Can't stop panicking that I will not fit into it! I now have 12 weeks and just on sole source to reach my goal! My other half two says as long as I'm happy with my weight he dont care what size I am.

How are u finding it so far? X

Danii, good luck, I share your panic!! Let's support each other - virtual kicks up the arse I think might be needed ;)

I was 100% day 1 and 2, and have noticed I'm ok throughout the day but start getting hungry about 5pm (before my 3rd shake). Friday and yesterday I pushed myself to wait until later (about 7pm) as I was worried that I would have it at 5pm and then get hungry again later, but I think pushing myself to wait might be dangerous as I was looking longingly at the Easter egg between 5 and 7! How long have you been on sole source?

Day 3 today - Happy Easter :rolleyes: In years gone by it was perfectly normal to eat an entire Easter egg for breakfast (and usually a second throughout the day) - not happening this year! My parents have bought me and OH an egg each, as have his parents, and his brother bought us one 2 share. I've been told chocolate doesn't go off, but I've never tested the theory before ;) However, this lot will have to wait!

Oh, and the scales today show 14st 6lbs, so dropped 2lbs in 2 days but more importantly, I've hit that magic stone marker from New Year and my BMI has dropped from 34.9 to 32.6.

I've just been trawling my old diaries on here from the first time round, to see how I felt last time and how I got through it. It makes for interesting reading (to me, sure it'd bore the rest of you to tears!) and I wanted to note the following things:

- Day 6 was really tough for me, even though I was definitely in ketosis by then
- Day 8 was also though, but after that it seemed to get much easier
- I often struggled to drink enough water
- My Day 14 weigh in showed a loss of 15.6lbs :eek: and I hadn't cheated at ALL - good willpower!
- At 14 stone, my cheat (under-bust), waist and hips measurements were 35/36/44
- At 13st 7lbs, measurements were 35/35.5/43.5
- At 13st 5lbs I was wearing size 14 top and trousers for work, and managed to zip up a Next size 14 dress (but was a bit clingy)
- At 13st, measurements were 34/34/43 which on paper looks like an 18, but was wearing 14's comfortably (go figure!) For reference, my dress measurements are 39/32/42 (39 is over-bust of course) but when I was 13st, I was wearing 30" trousers and skirts anyway so seems odd that my waist measured 34"!
- Started getting more food cravings at the 7-8 week mark. Was addicted to a couple of spoonfuls of carrots!
- In the first 8 weeks, I had lost 2st 8lbs.
- At 12st 4lbs I went to work in size 12 trousers :) and my 'proper' (over-bust) measurements were 38.5/32/39.5 which is useful to know re: wedding dress. This was about 10 weeks into the diet, and I was 15st 1lb when I started it (whereas I was 14st 8lbs when I re-started 2 days ago).
- I'd pretty much had enough after 12 weeks SS and was beginning to have major struggles to stick to it 100%. Knowing this, I definitely think 12 weeks should be my maximum goal on it, and be realistic - if I cave earlier, I will switch to SS+ or 810 rather than reach for the chocolate.

Im sure you will stick to it and although you feel good now you will feel even better when you slink into your wedding dress and look super amazing on your big day x

Wow!! I feel like I have wrote this diary!! Lol. I'm getting married 28/07/12 and my dress fitting is on 11/05/12.
So many things alike, I am heavy than you thou. I started on weds at 15.5 I'm now 14.12. I want to be in the early 13s fir my first dress fitting and in the 12s for my 2nd fitting. My dress is also a 16!!
Good luck. We can do this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

EmmaLou, we definitely can - we just need to keep thinking of those dresses! Good luck!

Just been freaking myself out!! Read my dress fitting terms and conditions!! If I lose more weight after first fitting and dress needs altering I will be charged again!!! So now I need to lose as much as I can in 5 weeks and hopefully if I lose a few more pounds after the dress will be ok as it's a tie up back!! Oh the stress!! Good luck to u too xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, a small celebration but also a confession.

Yesterday was my OH's Dad's birthday, his sister's birthday, and of course Easter Sunday which his family always make a big deal of. Therefore there was a massive family celebration with 14 of us there. I was told it would be buffet, so I was thinking I could easily get away with drinking loads of water and staying away from the food (his family was very snotty about the diet last time so I don't feel ready to tell them I'm on it now - as well as the 'it can't be good for you' comments, I'm sure I'll get 'well you put the weight back on last time' comments - they won't recognise it's MY fault not the diet's fault!!)

We arrived... and it turned out to be a sit down dinner. I managed to quickly have a chat with OH who then offered to help with serving, and bless him he just gave me low / zero carb, high protein stuff and not much of it. Success! I also drove so I had an excuse not to drink wine, and I must have drank about 6 pints of water while I was there! Sadly, the confession has to come with dessert. I declined the jelly, ice-cream, mousse, and bowls of sweets. And then OH's mum brings out a lemon drizzle cake - my absolute favourite - and says she chose to bake it because it's my favourite and she didn't bake anything for my birthday last week. Guilt! So I had a tiny slice (and I mean tiny!) and god it was GOOD - the biggest test of my will power to date is not having another slice!

Got home, drank more water... and then had a totally stupid moment and ate some Easter egg. On the plus side it was Green & Blacks so higher cocoa and lower carb; I also only ate SOME (unhead of with me and Easter eggs, I would usually eat a whole one at once), and I wrapped the rest up and put it away. I am a real chocoholic and I always said I'd have to be all of nothing with chocolate as I have no 'stop' button for it, so I am hoping that if I allow myself small amount of chocolate occasionally (like once a week only) I will also learn some control. I know this will probably affect my ketosis but I'm trying to look at the bigger picture.

Anyway, I hopped on the scales this morning expecting to see the same numbers as yesterday morning (14st 6lbs) and I have lost 2lbs! 14st 4lbs today - which means one more pound off and I'm under 200lbs! I feel slimmer already in my abdominal region, but I'm not quite ready to try my Primark dress on (it's a 16, a small 16 but not quite as small as my wedding dress!). I'll try that on when I get to about 13st 10lbs I think.

Back 100% today - no commitments with any other people for the rest of this week / next weekend. Back to work on Monday, but they were really supportive when I did this last time and there are 2 other brides at work getting married within a month of me, and we ALL need to lose weight so can support each other. I don't think I have 'dinner plans' with anyone until 6th May so can hopefully give it my all until then.

Just caught myself looking longingly at the Easter egg - whilst mixing up my shake, ironically! So come on here as a distraction. I'm just sipping my 2nd shake of the day - I got up really late (hurrah for holidays!) so had my breakfast one at about 11am.

I'm going to try and track water intake a bit more as I know it's something I struggle with. I always mix up my shakes with 500mls of water, so in 3 shakes I'm getting roughly 0.8L additional water each day. I'm going to try and aim for 3L per day as a minimum, so need to be having 2.2L extra.

Today so far I've just had 0.25L = 1.95L to go. I've got to nip out soon, so will try and have another 0.25L before I go out (=1.7L to go) and then am bound to get cold (it's vile out there!) so can have some hot water when I get in.

I bought a big 2L bottle which I fill up every morning and take everywhere! It helps me know I've drunk the minimum - coupled with a big glass on waking and another before bed, I know I've done it then. :) well done you! I was lucky enough not to get any eggs because I told everyone I would not be able to resist scoffing the lot in one go! You sound very focussed. :) good luck with it all! I'm sure you'll beautiful on your dress when the time comes!

The bottle idea is a great one, but I only really drink hot water so it wouldn't work for me (I drink hot water during all my breaks at work as well, but off work for a week!) I might have to get fill up a smaller bottle (like one of those 750ml sports ones) with water for the drive to and from work though - especially from, when I am always tempted to stop for chocolate!

Yes the garage is always a toughie for me too! Having all those shiny wrappers right next ro the till should be banned!

Need to have my last shake and 1.45L more water. Feeling reeeeeeeeeeally hungry tonight! Time for the shake methinks!

Well done for starting again - 15 weeks is a long time in Cambridge Diet time - you'll get in that dress.

I was interested to read your comments on dress sizes as i am a similar weight to you with similar vital stats. For many years I swung between 11.10 and 13 stones and a size 16 to 18. I was surprised to find last year that at 13.8 I was a size 16. I am now 13.11 (no clothes in the morning) and am wearing new size 16 jeans but can only just squeeze into the size 18 jeans which I wore 15 years ago. I think that sizes must have radically changed over the last 10 years ( not that I'm complaining).
I've been hungry all day - i'm always worse when I'm in the house all day. Will just have to drink water as I've already had 3 packs.
let me know when you get to a size 14 - I might go shopping then!

Not sure if anyone has seen this: New Page 1 It's quite well documented that waist circumference compared to height can be a strong health indicator as the more fat that is laid deep in the abdominal region correlates closely to risk factors such as heart disease.

I'm about 167cm tall, so my green or 'ideal' waist measurement is 67-84cm (26.5"-33")and my amber or 'consider action' range is 85-101cm (from 33"-39.75"). I am aiming for 30" waist so that seems about right, phew! My current waist measurement is 36" I think, so a relief it's not in the red section, but still firmly in the amber section!

I've had my 3rd shake and another 0.25L water so 1.2L to go. Still really hungry though :( Hope this passes quickly. Going to go and get a giant mug (0.5L) of hot water to sip up until bedtime.

Day 5 - woke up feeling positive diet-wise but quite lethargic. Started the day with a hot mint choc shake and mug of water (1.95L water to go).

No real reason to post really - just feeling a bit meh. The last thing I feel like doing is exercising, but maybe a walk in the fresh air would do me good?

Back