1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Wedding photos

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Johnandkymberley, 27 January 2013 Social URL.

1. Johnandkymberley

Johnandkymberley Active Member

Hi all,
    I got married last may and wore a princess dress, which was strapless and showed my arms etc, it was figure hugging.

I'm now planning on downsizing from a 16-10

One thing that really worries me is if I look back at my wedding photos and hate them because I was bigger in them?? Anyone else felt like this? Can anyone give me a different perspective on how I feel??
    Thanks in advance
    Kymberley xxx
    P.s. if I knew how to post pictures I would upload some :s

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Well-Known Member

Will losing weight change the way you think about your wedding day?? Or will you look at those photos and think "that was a fantastic day, and I'm even happier now because I'm slimmer and healthier and in an even better position to have a long and happy marriage"? So many people look back on their wedding photos and wish they were that slim now! Seriously, don't even give it a second thought, your wedding day is a fixed point in time and nothing you do going forward will change what it was like - but you can change your future and if being slimmer is what you want, don't use a set of photos as an excuse to hold yourself back!! And there'll be plenty of other photos in your future, so look forward to them, not back. :) xx

4. Johnandkymberley

Thanks Tracy, that's made me look at it a different way and makes me feel much happier, thanks. I suppose I have more things to look forward to. We are going to try for a baby in late October :) I want to be a yummy mummy not a fatty mummy!!!

Last edited: 27 January 2013
  5. TracyGWill

TracyGWill Well-Known Member

And you will be, and you'll have some fantastic photos taken with your baby! But your wedding photos will always be special no matter how much you change. Glad I could help a little bit. :) xx

6. RawrGirl

RawrGirl Regained. :(

You could also do a shoot in your dress (and have it taken in) at a park or some beautiful setting. RawrGirl thought about doing that as she was quite depressed over it for awhile. But now (2+ years later and almost at goal), it doesn't bother her as much and she has some wedding photos she likes, so she is just planning a sexy photo shoot when she reaches goal.

7. huwiesmummy

huwiesmummy Well-Known Member

I'm planning the same. When heavier I had some shots done and when I get them I plan to put all of them up together to remind me how far I've come.

8. Johnandkymberley

Thankyou, how do I upload pics :s xx

9. Johnandkymberley

Can I upload pics with the phone app?? Xx

10. Johnandkymberley

Okay, I realise where I've gone wrong, I've been using my iPad not my phone!!! It won't let me upload a pic but that could be cuz I'm newish lol xx

11. huwiesmummy

Yep you need 50 posts to post photos.

12. huwiesmummy

Here are my wedding photos from July 2008

205033_503026874877_5947_n.jpg

199721_503026879867_6263_n.jpg

And me last month.

.facebook_1500074640-1.jpg

I don't hate my wedding photos. I'll admit I never was happy with them but that didn't ruin my wedding I had a lovely day.

13. huwiesmummy

Thanks

14. Johnandkymberley

When I get to 50 I'm posting a pic!!! Who knows by then I may be able to do a before and after shot like you huwies!!

You look fab, on your day and now :)

15. huwiesmummy

Hehe thanks. I found going to the before and after part of the fourm was an easy way to up posts. Also a great inspiration.

16. Johnandkymberley

Ooh I can't wait till my weigh in on Thursday :)

ill have a look at them,now
    fingers crossed I have a loss :s