Wedding ring before engagement ring or other way round?....

Jennie123

Today myself and my husband were out shopping and we went into the Jewellers where we got our wedding rings and my engagement ring to say hello to the man who sold them to us. We hadn't seen him since the wedding in August. He was really nice to us when we were picking them out etc and a larger than life character. He said he'd shine my rings up for me so off he went with them. When he came back he began by putting my engagement ring on first and then my wedding ring...he said that that's the way it should go. I wear it the other way around...the wedding ring closest to your heart (somebody told me that's how you wear it).

So after all that...how do you wear yours :)

I always used to wear mine wedding ring first - but find i now have to wear them the other way around since losing weight my engagement ring spins around and im scared of losing it - my wedding ring is smaller anyway as i had it re sized a long time ago

My engagement ring is a little bigger than my wedding ring too so maybe I'll be wearing the same way as you too if I continue with the weight loss...

traditionally wedding ring, eternity ring, engagement ring

I was going through the Betterware catalogue once and it had little plastic clips that kept your rings together for when your rings shrink...they might come in handy now lol!!! :D That could save you a couple of quid Cavegirl :p

Yeah I'd always been told it was wedding and then engagement, as when you get married you don't have your engagement ring on for the ceremony...

My engagement ring is quite bulky compared to my wedding ring and it sticks out so I prefer it on first then my wedding ring, loads of people have said its the wrong way but I prefer it like that.
i think it should be right though because you get engaged, married then you get an eternity ring so why not put them on in that order lol xxx

I wear engagement ring first, I don't know why actually. I think it looks better on me. And my rings are now also very loose as I've lost weight

I wear my wedding ring closest to my heart.

Both the rings are too big, but engagement ring more so. When I hit target im going to get them resized, and get the engagement ring fused to wedding ring so they're inseparable.

OHs wedding ring is huge on him now (z+3) and needs resizing before he loses it, but they were made specially and engraved so they need to be resized by the guy that made them and he doesn't live local.

Wow your rings are gorgeous xxx

And these are mine:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 258
I wear my wedding ring closest to my heart.

Both the rings are too big, but engagement ring more so. When I hit target im going to get them resized, and get the engagement ring fused to wedding ring so they're inseparable.

OHs wedding ring is huge on him now (z+3) and needs resizing before he loses it, but they were made specially and engraved so they need to be resized by the guy that made them and he doesn't live local.

That's really sweet :) I see you're not far from target!

Thanks girls, your rings look beautiful. I'll post a photo of mine when I get one uploaded :) I never thought I'd be so attached to a piece of jewellery as I am with my engagement and wedding rings. They are very special :)

So can I ask how you all got engaged??? or is that a private matter ;)

I got engaged on the last day of June in 2011 in the Phoenix Park in Dublin in the long grass with the skylark singing around us. It was very lovely and my face hurt from all the smiling :)

Awww that's so sweet.
we got engaged when Gaz took to me on a city break to Prague for my 21st Birthday, we walked back to the hotel and he proposed to me at midnight.

We then got married in Miami in 2010 and had a beautiful beach wedding. xxx

We got engaged August 2009 in Kefalonia, we was out for a walk and stopped by these rocks- very secluded and a beautiful view and that's where he asked me :) we went back to Kefalonia for our honeymoon and we are going there for our 2nd wedding anniversary too :)

I wear my wedding ring first (closest to my heart) then engagement ring, but its not the original engagement ring. My original ring was amethyst & diamonds, (looki likei princess di) & the stone got battered with it being raised, so for my 40th we went to Vegas & OH bought me a new ring from a pawn shop 'Sammie Davies Jnr' owned the shop (obviously look alike:D).

We were chatting about getting engaged & married & decided we would get engaged 'not nxt wk i'm working & your wking the following wk, how about the wk after'. Nothing special or romantic as i'm not that kind of girl, as you know we recently celebrated our 25th anniversay.

I asked my husband to marry me! And put a key ring on his finger ;) I actually received my 'engagement ring' after we were married. It's a silver ring set with a black crystal. We had the least traditional wedding ever though so we started as we meant to go on!

I wear my engagement ring first and then my wedding ring but only because my wedding ring is holding my engagement ring on! They are both way too big for me now. The wedding ring can't be resized either as it is made of tungsten :(

I've worn eternity/promise ring, wedding ring then engagement ring for as long as I can remember :) I got eternity ring for my 19th birthday (we'd been together 9 months at the time) & it was also a promise that an engagement would happen too a little later in the future. We got engaged in Lanzarote on our second anniversary walking along the beach at night :) we got married a few month later just after my 21st birthday :D

Attachments

• image-140204323.jpg
    image-140204323.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 157
Back