Wedding ring

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by pbfhpunk, 12 July 2007 Social URL.

1. pbfhpunk

pbfhpunk Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie counting and exercise
    I'm about to buy my wedding ring online (want to make sure I get it before they run out, but am alittle stuck with sizes, they've sent me a sizer and I'm kind of an M N or O I Think my engagemetn ring is a P and that pretty much slides right on and off and is always twisting round, with the size finder M&N squeeze over my kuckle and the are fairly loose and twisty round the base of my finger O slides on much easier but means it'll come off a lot easier!! I'm thinking how much weight do we actually lose from our fingers? my engagement ring is definately a lot looser than it was when I got it in December.

I don't knoew whether to chance it and get an M as once it's on it's not going anywhere and will be eaiser for my Fiance to slide on by then!

Any tips?

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

OMG....please don't do what I did in a bid to find the right size!!

I got another mans medding ring stuck on my finger (photos in gallery!) for a week!!!
    It was painful, embarrassing and definitely the wrong size :D

My engagement ring is an O and slides around like mad, but they sized me as a P for my wedding ring because my finger was still a little swollen (LMAO) and because they said with solid bands they'd be tighter?!

No idea if it's the right size, but had to go with it because wedding is in 3 weeks and the ring will only just be here in time as it is. (Left it till very last minute to order on account of having a poorly finger from the other ring :D)

I'd def pop into a shop if you get time and try a sizer on, then order online :)

K xxx
  4. SuzyA

SuzyA Full Member

Lighter Life

my rings are falling about but it isn't a problem since if you are getting them from an established jeweller, they will reduce them for free at a later date, as in my case.

5. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

A word of warning with this! I have a gorgeous diamond & emerald ring that I designed myself. Went in to ask about resizing & because of the baguette (long thin) diamonds I will have to have the ring remade (too much to resize as it will make the diamonds insecure...poor things!) because I've lost so much weight on my fingers! I am now a J but jeweller thinks I will go down another two sizes so has advised me to wait until having it resized! I wuld DEFINATELY go to a jeweller to have a proper sizing!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.