• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

WEDDING RING

Lisa Marie

Silver Member
G: 10st0lb

I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for months as it was so big it would fall off. So decided when I got to goal I would have it made smaller, well as it's our 10th anniversary next week and I'm only 4lb from goal I thought now is a good time to have it altered. Went to the jewellers yesterday and need to have it changed 6 sizes I have gone from a size R to a size L I know I've lost 5 stone but didn't think my fingers had shrunk that much lol.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

mandye

Silver Member
S: 21st7lb C: 10st8lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 21.9 Loss: 10st13lb(50.83%)
Well done you keep that feeling close hun will help you through the journey xx
My wedding ring hadnt been worn for many years so when I could get it on again I was delighted .I now cant wear it again as it falls off lol
I arnt having mine resized we bought cheap rings when we married and so its not really possible to resize ,but its not the cost its what they symbolise .
Hes buying me a new one ,I am going to wear the original on a chain as I said it is important to me

S: 20st9.5lb G: 10st0lb
I remember reading a story a few years ago about a woman that di exactly the same thing with all her jewellery after she'd lost a tremendous ammount of weight. The gold that she had left over after having everything altered she had made into a pendent that she put on a chain around her neck to remind her of what she'd achieved.

Well done hun and I hope you have a wonderful anniversary!:party0049::party0049::party0049:

Lisa Marie

Silver Member
My wedding ring hadnt been worn for many years so when I could get it on again I was delighted .I now cant wear it again as it falls off lol
I arnt having mine resized we bought cheap rings when we married and so its not really possible to resize ,but its not the cost its what they symbolise .
Hes buying me a new one ,I am going to wear the original on a chain as I said it is important to me
Paul did suggest buying me a new one for an anniversary present but I wanted my original ring because like you it means a lot to me and it's been blessed I wouldn't feel the same about a new ring. The way you're doing it you get the best of both worlds a lovely new ring and your original one on a chain round your neck close to your heart, how lovely.

Lisa Marie

Silver Member
I remember reading a story a few years ago about a woman that di exactly the same thing with all her jewellery after she'd lost a tremendous ammount of weight. The gold that she had left over after having everything altered she had made into a pendent that she put on a chain around her neck to remind her of what she'd achieved.

Well done hun and I hope you have a wonderful anniversary!:party0049::party0049::party0049:
Ah what a lovely idea, never thought of that think it may be too late to tell the jeweller to keep my gold aside now.

abz

Gold Member
my engagement ring is sliding all over the place. i'm hoping that my fingers won't get much skinnier. i had it made bigger as they didn't have one in my size so i don't want to get it altered too much in case it weakens it... so i'm just going to have to wait a while to find out i guess :)

abz xx

S: 21st4lb C: 14st1lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 7st3lb(33.89%)
That's fab Lisa Marie :) My wedding ring is just about staying on my finger, and hubby has said once I get to my goal, he'll get it resized for me :)

That is great news lisa it just shows how far you have come. My engagment ring falls of my fingers now i have it on a chain at the mo will get it made smaller once i get near my goal!

Excellant and well done on your loss xxx

LizDesigns

Silver Member
S: 17st1lb C: 15st4lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 34.5 Loss: 1st11lb(10.46%)
Congratulations, what a lovely side effect of losing all the weight.

S: 15st4lb G: 11st5lb
congratulations and well done - it probably looks really different on your new slimline finger!

I am looking forward to being able to wear mine again. Not had it on since I was pregnant with my daughter (she is 14 in September :rolleyes:)

C: 17st1lb G: 12st13lb BMI: 42.3
Aww that's really sweet - enjoy your skinny fingers!!