WEDDING RING

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lisa Marie, 2 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd

I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring for months as it was so big it would fall off. So decided when I got to goal I would have it made smaller, well as it's our 10th anniversary next week and I'm only 4lb from goal I thought now is a good time to have it altered. Went to the jewellers yesterday and need to have it changed 6 sizes I have gone from a size R to a size L I know I've lost 5 stone but didn't think my fingers had shrunk that much lol.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    wow, well done hunni.xx

4. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    Well done you keep that feeling close hun will help you through the journey xx
    My wedding ring hadnt been worn for many years so when I could get it on again I was delighted .I now cant wear it again as it falls off lol
    I arnt having mine resized we bought cheap rings when we married and so its not really possible to resize ,but its not the cost its what they symbolise .
    Hes buying me a new one ,I am going to wear the original on a chain as I said it is important to me

5. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I remember reading a story a few years ago about a woman that di exactly the same thing with all her jewellery after she'd lost a tremendous ammount of weight. The gold that she had left over after having everything altered she had made into a pendent that she put on a chain around her neck to remind her of what she'd achieved.

Well done hun and I hope you have a wonderful anniversary!:party0049::party0049::party0049:

6. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

WOW! That's amazing - what a difference in size - well done x

7. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Paul did suggest buying me a new one for an anniversary present but I wanted my original ring because like you it means a lot to me and it's been blessed I wouldn't feel the same about a new ring. The way you're doing it you get the best of both worlds a lovely new ring and your original one on a chain round your neck close to your heart, how lovely.

8. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Ah what a lovely idea, never thought of that think it may be too late to tell the jeweller to keep my gold aside now.

9. abz

abz Gold Member

my engagement ring is sliding all over the place. i'm hoping that my fingers won't get much skinnier. i had it made bigger as they didn't have one in my size so i don't want to get it altered too much in case it weakens it... so i'm just going to have to wait a while to find out i guess :)

abz xx

10. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    That's fab Lisa Marie :) My wedding ring is just about staying on my finger, and hubby has said once I get to my goal, he'll get it resized for me :)

11. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

That is great news lisa it just shows how far you have come. My engagment ring falls of my fingers now i have it on a chain at the mo will get it made smaller once i get near my goal!

12. Janie1978

Janie1978 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Excellant and well done on your loss xxx

13. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Congratulations, what a lovely side effect of losing all the weight.

14. Orange Plum

Orange Plum Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Diet:
    Tony Ferguson
    congratulations and well done - it probably looks really different on your new slimline finger!

15. Angel155

Angel155 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am looking forward to being able to wear mine again. Not had it on since I was pregnant with my daughter (she is 14 in September :rolleyes:)

16. sweetscousechick

sweetscousechick Member

Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Aww that's really sweet - enjoy your skinny fingers!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.