Wedges - Help please

Wendi

I would like to make potato wedges this eve for dinner. However, the recipes for them on here seem to differ.

What is the best way to make them - do I par-boil, or is that not needed?? The only seasoning I have is salt, pepper and paprika. What temperature should the oven be and for how long??

Thanks in advance :)xx

Hiya

Funnily enough my wedges have just gone in the oven....all we do is slice them and chuck them in a tray sprayed with fry light, then spray on more fry light and season with your salt and pepper and paprika...then just cook until they look cooked at at least 190 degrees...thats my recipe anyway!! :)

Thanks, will try your recipe. x

Hiya

Funnily enough my wedges have just gone in the oven....all we do is slice them and chuck them in a tray sprayed with fry light, then spray on more fry light and season with your salt and pepper and paprika...then just cook until they look cooked at at least 190 degrees...thats my recipe anyway!! :)

"Cook until they look cooked" - love it!!!

That's what I do anyway, as I cook in a Remoska (google it if you don't know what that is) and it has no temperature control. Potato wedges cook very nicely in it - I just cut up the potatoes, spray them with frylight and switch on. Never tried them with paprika, I will next time.

I find they are SO much fluffier and cruncher on the outside when you fully boil them so that they'r not hard at all, drain, shake .. wack in a tray full of frylight, pepper and salt (dont usually add any salt to my cooking but really helps crisp) .. and wack on high. YUM. None of this waiting around for ages for them to soften and then brown.. soft already, just crispy on the outside!

I just slice mine, put on a tray sprayed with frylight, spray a bit more on top, then cook on 200 for about 20 mins, i turn mine once just to brown on both sides. I also sprinkle some steakhouse pepper on them, which makes them real hot and spicy, then serve with plain yog as a dip, yum. Also i make wedges the same way with sweet potatoes for a nice change.

Back